Chapter 10

I woke up in the drive way of our house. Lena had hopped into my car after my mom put gas in the tank and drove it home I assumed. I had stayed on Callie’s chest who was now also asleep, her cheeks a bright pink. I brushed my hand lightly along her jawline, her body completely still and unmoving at my touch. “You guys head up to bed, we’ll talk tomorrow,” Lena interrupted me, glancing in the rearview mirror at me from the front.

                “Okay, thanks mom,” I replied, pulling myself up and gently shaking Callie. “C’mon Callie, we’re home,” I whispered quietly. “Wakey wakey.” Her eyelashes batted a few times and I grinned as she slowly awoke.

                “Hi,” she breathed sitting up and looking at me with a smile. Lena was already out of the car and so we followed. Callie jumped into my moms arms as soon as she saw them. “I missed you both so much,” she told them. I heard her begin to whimper and knew she was crying. My moms were too, slow teardrops rolling down their cheeks.

                “We missed you more,” my mom replied.

                “Yes we did,” Lena added, squeezing Callie tightly against her. I smiled at them, getting a weird feeling of peace. “I think you need some rest though. We can talk and have our reunion tomorrow,” Lena laughed as she pulled away from Callie, placing her hands on her cheeks.

                “Aw just one more hug for her,” my mom interrupted, causing her and Lena to reconnect with Callie. “Get over here Brandon.” I laughed, and walked over to them joining in.

                “A momma sandwhich,” Callie grinned, never knowing what we all meant when we told her about them until now.

                “Plus Brandon,” Lena giggled, using her hand to mess with my hair.

                “Odd man out I guess,” I laughed, squeezing onto Callie’s waist, hoping my moms didn’t notice. She didn’t jump at the touch as usual and instead moved her hips back against my body ever so slightly. We stood there, hugging each other, when Jude came out of the house, his eyes lighting up when he saw Callie.

                “CALLIE!” he screeched, running over and joining the big hug, our arms tightly keeping each other together. “Don’t ever leave again,” I heard him mumble as he tucked himself into Callie’s arm.

                “I won’t baby,” she replied silently, rocking him in his arms.

                “I take back what I said,” he added. “Just be happy Callie.” She paused and looked down with him, a smile on her lips as my moms watched them, confused by what was going on but enjoying the moment.

                “Alright bedtime for sure now,” I said after a loud yawn escaped my lips.

                “Agreed. We’ll see you in the morning,” my mom smiled. We parted and quickly walked into the house and up to our rooms. Jude hugged Callie tightly before he stumbled off to bed.

                “Brandon?” Callie whispered to me just as I was about to enter my room. I turned, giving her my full attention. “I love you.” I went to reply, but she turned her body and disappeared into hers and Mariana’s room, loud laughs and reuniting squeals escaping from Mariana’s lips as she entered. I grinned at the floor, ran my hand through my hair and felt my legs go weak. I finally heard her say the words I’ve always wanted to hear from her mouth.

                And then I remembered Tayla.

TAYLA TAYLA TAYLA TISK TISK TISK

Haha such lovely comments I thought you deserved another update before I head off to bed. I love you guys so much! Goodnight!