Chapter 12

Tayla turned and began walking away, trying to hide the sounds of her quiet sobs. I frowned, looking at the ground feeling guilty for hurting her. This time it wasn’t because she did anything wrong. It was because I just don’t love her like I love Callie. Callie. I remembered she wasn’t far away and I quickly scrambled towards my car to catch up with her.

                I found her sluggishly walking alone on the sidewalk with her hair tied up in a neat ponytail and her backpack slung over her shoulder. I pulled over and rolled my window down smiling as she turned to look at me. “What do you want?” she asked, almost in a harsh manner.

                “Uh I thought you’d want a ride home to talk, maybe have a plan before we face moms.” I placed my foot on the gas very slowly to keep up with her pace. She didn’t respond, and instead turned her head away from the car. “Callie,” I whispered gently.

                “Don’t talk to me like I’m a lost puppy,” she spat. “I saw you with Tayla and I’m acting like a stupid girl with stupid emotions but you make me feel like I’m either going to throw up or die and watching you kiss Tayla gave me half the mind to jump in front of a car and put me out of my misery.” She was now face to face with me, tears in her eyes.

                “Get in the car,” I demanded.

                “Why?”

                “Because I broke up with Tayla. I kissed her goodbye, but it was a breakup. For you. Now please get in the fucking car.”

                “Okay,” she whispered, climbing inside the passenger seat and slamming the door. I began driving, my heart pounding against my chest. “That was embarrassing,” she finally spoke. “I just don’t know I got so ma-“

                “I love you too.”

                “W-what?” she whispered, turning her head towards me.

                “You told me last night that you loved me and I-I love you too.” My heart felt like it was going to explode. “I love you more than anything.” She quietly rubbed the tears from her eyes, starring out the window as the town passed by. I left her to silence, allowing it all to sink in.

                She hadn’t said anything when we pulled in the driveway, my mom and Lena’s car parked beside each other. I turned off the car, sighed, and fell back against the seat. “You ready?” I asked her.

                “No,” she replied, brushing a loose strand of her hair out of her face.

                “Let’s go then,” I replied.

                I was surprised to be met by my moms as soon as we entered the house. “Well well, running off again Brandon,” my mom joked.

                “Yep,” I replied, eyeing Lena.

                “Go have a seat in the kitchen, we’ll be in to talk in a minute.”

On ig I said I wasn’t going to write cos I was frustrated and stuff, but I already had this written so I’m posting it. I don’t know how long till I post again. I’m so mad at a lot of things. Go on my instagram to find out why ok bye.