Chapter 7

I waited patiently for my moms to fall asleep so I could get started on the drive. It’d take 1 full day if I left at this moment and drove through the night. I could claim I was at Aiden’s, or sleeping at my dad’s. I don’t know yet, but I do know that I have to do everything in my power to get her and bring her home. I finally heard some light snores coming from my moms’ room so I peaked in to see them snuggled up together and fast asleep.

                I gingerly walked down the stairs, my car keys in my hand along with some money and a note to my moms saying I was at Aiden’s house for the next few days working on a big project we have. It was a lie that my moms wouldn’t believe, but it would keep them from calling the cops. At least I hope they didn’t.

                I quickly headed to my car, opening the door slowly and jumping in. I slammed it, forgetting that my family was sleeping, and quickly peaked up at the house to see if any lights when on. When the house stayed still for over a minute, I breathed a sigh of relief, started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

                I had forgotten to even look at Wyatt’s text and quickly pulled out my phone. Thankfully the message from him was there and it had the full address. I punched it into the car’s GPS and prayed I’d get Callie back.

                Hours had gone by and the sun was slowly rising. My back ached and my eyes were sore, but I didn’t stop except to pee or grab a water bottle and some food. I was speeding and I knew it, but not a single cop had pulled me over on the highway yet. Hopefully it’d stay that way. I kept checking my phone, hoping Callie would call and that my moms wouldn’t. Neither did until around noon. I was half way across the country and was running low on money and gas. There’s no way I’ll make it back with the money I have unless I stop getting food. I didn’t stop from then on. Lena had been calling me every couple of minutes. I shot her a text saying I was with Aiden and fine.

                The sun was starting to set again and my body was completely stiff. I tried to keep my eyes opened but it almost felt impossible. Indiana wasn’t far now, and I was happy I had gotten there so quick. Of course it was because I was speeding, but I tried not to dwell on that. I just kept picturing Callie and how she would look when I got there. She’ll be furious, but I have no other option. I need her.

                Once I crossed the Indiana line my GPS told me I was an hour or so from my destination. I was thrilled and anxious. Street by street, tree by tree, everything was a blur and I was thankful for that. That made it easier to get to Callie without worrying. Exhaustion started to take over my body though and numbness spread through my body.

                I don’t know how but I made it. I pulled into the driveway of a huge Victorian house with beautiful flowers all around it. I parked the car, and just watched everything around me. I got lost in a thought about Callie when Wyatt came out, a sad smile on his face. “Uh hi man,” I said getting out of the car.

                “I knew you’d come,” he laughed in a sad way as he looked down at the ground. “Part of me didn’t want you to, but I know she loves you.” I bit my lip, feeling guilty but overwhelmingly happy.

                “Where is she?” I choked out, trying to make my voice seem normal

                “She’s sleeping. I didn’t think she’d go if she was conscious, and I don’t think I’d be able to say goodbye if she was.”

                “So you want me to carry her?” I asked hesitantly.

                “She’s light, and you’ve got muscle. I’ll help if you need it. She’s right in the living room on the couch.”

                “She’s to use to sleeping on those things,” I whispered glumly remembering Callie’s comments on her other foster families. “Well let’s do this.”

                I stepped inside and there she was. Her eyes were closed, her long eyelashes lightly brushed up against her cheeks. Her lips were pink, and her hair was messy. I smiled, reaching out my hand to brush away a piece of hair, but stopped worrying that I’d wake her up. “Go ahead,” Wyatt whispered. I sighed and gently dug my arms underneath her body. My right arm held her back, the left one arm held behind her knees bridal style. Wyatt looked at me, raising an eyebrow as I nodded signaling that I was able to hold her weight by myself.

                We headed to the car, her stuff in Wyatt’s hands as I trudged to the front seat. He opened up the car door, and held out a blanket. “Let her sleep,” he mouthed. I nodded and placed her in the car, moving the seat back and placing the blanket on top of her. Wyatt then threw her stuff in the trunk with a thud.

                “Thanks,” I said to him. “For everything.”

                “No problem. Text me when you’ve got her home,” he replied. I nodded and he gently placed a kiss to her cheek. I tried not to take notice and headed around to the other side of the car and got in.

                “Good luck…bro,” I laughed silently.

                “Thanks dude,” he chuckled back.

If you don’t get the bro and dude reference tHEN I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU lol jk

This was cute and I liked it so 10 comments and 20 votes for the next (it’s not that bad ok, I know you can do it lol)