Chapter 11

I woke up the next morning to complete silence, which was strange for my house. It was soon interrupted by  a loud knock on my door, the thudding making my head ache. “Ugh,” I moaned, rolling over.

                “Brandon!” Lena called. “It’s almost 2 pm, time to get up please.”

                “2 pm?!” I cried, jolting up in my bed, throwing off the comforter that clung to my sweaty body. I hopped out of bed, threw on some sweat pants, and pulled open the door to see Lena smiling.

                “Callie told us some of the story. You drove awful far to get her so we assumed you hadn’t slept. Do you feel better now?” she asked, placing a hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

                “Er yea, where is Callie?” I responded, looking behind her shoulder to see if she was in the hallway or her room.                

                “School, she didn’t want to miss anymore days.”

                “Oh, yeah okay,” I stuttered.

                “Your mom and I wanted to talk to you, but we thought it’d be better if Callie was here to get the full story. I picked up some work from school early and brought it home for you to do in the meantime.”

                “Thanks mom,” I said quietly. “Uh, actually there’s something else I need to take care of though.” That earned a glare and a snort from Lena.

                “No way, you’re grounded.”

                “It’ll take a half hour promise! I need to do this before I talk to you guys,” I pleaded, Lena watching me as she considered this.

                “I’m giving you an hour before I come looking for you.”

                “Thanks mom!” I cried, pulling her into a tight hug that made her laugh. I quickly put a shirt on, and ducked out of my room and down the stairs. My phone was sat on the counter, and I quickly ran to it to tell Tayla I was going to meet her outside of the school. She blatantly agreed, and I took some deep breaths before heading out to my car.

                I waited by a tree, my posture slumped over as I watched out for Tayla. The bell for the end of the day had just rung and she would be walking out the corridor any minute. Shuffling past many kids, I noticed Tayla’s fiery red hair flowing behind her, a smile on her face as she ran to me. “Hey babe,” she called, her hands wrapping around my body as soon as she got hold of me.

                “Hey,” I whispered in a hesitant voice. She pressed her lips to mine and I got lost in the moment, my hands connecting to the small of her back and trailing to her butt. She giggled and pulled away.

                “So what was it you needed to talk about?” she asked.

                “Um,” I ducked my head, glancing over at the kids passing by only to see Callie staring with a blank expression. “I-I don’t think I can be with you.” My voice cracked.

                “Callie,” she whispered her voice sad and disappointed.

                “It’s complicated,” I replied, my hand running through my thick hair.

                “It’s not Brandon. You love her. I just wish you wouldn’t have given me false hope with that kiss.”

                “Me too,” I responded, sighing.

This was shitty but I’m so tired. I actually went out with a friend ahaha. Anyways I got converse, and there like the ones harry use to wear all the flipping time. It’s like throw back harry hehe

8 comments 15 votes please