Chapter 6

We were back to the beginning, still scared and worried about where Callie was. I couldn’t help but be angry with myself for not keeping her safe. My mom hadn’t spoken to me which made it worse. Was she blaming me too? Lena and her whispered in the living room as Jude, Mariana, and Jesus all slept upstairs. Jude had climbed into bed with Jesus after having a terrible nightmare. I couldn’t sleep so I just wandered the kitchen, looking at the room like it was a prison cell.

                My moms had stopped talking and I took the hint that they knew I was there. I sighed and headed up the stairs quietly. I slipped into my own room, dirty clothes littering the floor. I shoved them aside as I walked to my closet to see if I could pull out some old piano pieces I had written. I slammed my hands against the knob and opened the door,  Callie’s guitar dropping before my feet. I dropped to the ground and picked it up. A letter was attached to the front, Callie’s handwriting scribbled across it. I held it for a minute before I began reading.

                Thanks for the loner. Take care of Jude.

                I love you.

                Callie.

                I don’t cry usually, but tears were now falling freely down my cheeks. I clutched my knees against my chest as I held the note tightly in the palm of my hand. She loved me. I ducked my head into my knees and allowed myself to sob to myself in the midst of my messy room. I had almost calmed down when there was a knock on my door. I ignored it, picking up the guitar and running the pads of my fingers over where Callie had once touched.

                “Brandon, there’s someone on the phone for you,” I heard Mariana groan, getting frustrated. I sluggishly stood up as Mariana opened the door and handed me the phone.

                “Thanks,” I snapped grabbing the phone.

                “I know you’re upset, but we all are. Stop taking it out on me,” she slammed the door in my face and I rolled my eyes, holding the phone up to my ear.

                “Hello?” My voice was shaky, part of me hoping that Callie was on the other end.

                “Brandon?” the voice was familiar, but it definitely wasn’t Callie’s. “It’s Wyatt. Callie’s here and,” I heard him sigh loudly. “She needs you. We’re in Indiana, she came with me. I texted you the address, but you never answered.” He paused again, the sound of Callie’s voice in the background asking him who he was talking to. Wyatt mumbled a no one and then continued in a hushed voice. “ I-I think you should come get her.”

                I stood speechless as the line went dead.

It’s short because I wanted a cliffhanger MU HA HA

Oh if you don’t follow me on instagram I have some fabulous news. I’m making a sequel to Do I Sink called Forbidden Love. Go follow me on instagram (fosterfeels) for more updates about it (:

7 comments, 12 votes