Chapter 8

I don’t know how long we had been driving for, the sun wasn’t even up and my eyelids were drooping. I fought off sleep, glancing at Callie every few minutes to remind me why I was causing myself such misery. No, this isn’t misery. I’m with her. I sighed, and rested my head against the back of my seat when I heard her stir beside me. She was curled up against the seat, the warm blanket Wyatt gave her still covered her body. I could tell that she would wake up soon and have a million questions. I tried to prepare myself with answers, but my brain had become mush from lack of sleep.

                The sun was rising just above the horizon, its dim shine allowing me to get a good look of Callie. I kept turning to glance at her, my eyes looking over her beauty and smiling that she was still the same Callie that had ran away a few days ago. Her eyes opened a few minutes after, a yawn escaping her lips as she looked around, still too fuzzy to realize where she was.

                Her beautiful brown eyes widened when she saw she was in my car. She sprung up from the seat, glancing between me and the road. “I’m dreaming. Or dead!” she exclaimed, scared.

                “Shhhh,” I mumbled as she began to become frantic, her arms trying to reach for the buckle. “Callie shhh,” I cooed, attempting to relax her. She unbuckled herself and I turned my head back to the road. “Baby shhh,” I said again making her body freeze.

                She looked straight forward at the road, tears coming to her eyes. “This isn’t a dream.” It sounded like a statement, but I decided to answer it anyways.

                “No.”

                “H-how did you know where I was?” she asked. I could see from the corner of my eye that she was looking at me as I drove. Her body was much more relaxed now, but still sat up in an alert position.

                “Wyatt called me.” My voice was quiet, trying to approach the topic quietly. “He told me that you were with him and I..I came and got you. Everyone’s worried.”

                “Do you even realize why I left?” she demanded.

                “Jude,” I whispered, clenching my hands around the wheel.

                “I left for Jude.” She paused, taking a deep breath. “And because I can’t live in the same house as you and not kiss you every time someone’s back is turned. I can’t resist you anymore and I don’t want to. I can’t be with your family, but Jude needs you guys.”

                “It’s YOUR family too and they know.”

                “Know what?!” she cried, her head turning to face where I sat.

                “Know we kissed. I-I told them.” Her eyes filled with tears and she sunk in her seat.

                “You’ve ruined everything,” she mumbled.

                “Moms aren’t giving you up,” I said. “You should’ve seen them when we found you gone. Everyone was frantic and upset. They’re not going to let go of you now.” She was now sobbing into her hands and my heart was breaking.

                “I’ll move in with my dad,” I finally told her. My heart sinking at the way she crumpled up in her own sadness. “I’ll leave for you.”

I’m so hungry man ugh. Anyways thanks so much for the comments and votes! I don’t always thank you but seriously your comments make me so happy! I don’t know what I’d do without you guys

7 comments and 15 votes for the next (: