Denmark X Reader: Superhero {Fluff}

Fuck damnit! Gutters is making me fall in love with Denny again! Shit! I want to hate him, but damn... Gutters makes me love him more than I did before... I AM VERY CONFLICTED! TO HATE OR NOT TO HATE, THAT IS THE QUESTION! (I suggest reading the Danish Slaughterhouse, but read Gutters right after. You have to read them together because it has the best effect.)

Anyways, this is a songfic... so.

Song: Superhero by Simon Curtis

***

Stand up, everybody look alive,
Say come on, come on, come on,
We're gonna get it now!
Hands up if you're ready for the fight,
Say come on come on come on,
We're gonna win it now!

By the time we're four, our imagination really starts kicking in!

We have dreams and ambitions bigger and better than any adult could ever possibly hope to have!

Become a princess, own a unicorn, save the world from evil forces, so many unbelievable things that we believed in!

In a way, it's almost funny, knowing that over the years the dreams just get duller, less imaginative.

A spy, a detective, a police officer, a veterinarian. That's age 8. By then, we've already been taught to forget the silly things, and you're mocked at school if you still do want to be a princess.

Age 12, you find out you're not smart enough to be a doctor, not pretty or thin enough to be a model, too clumsy to play sports professionally, not talented enough to an author or artist.

Dreams start getting a bit sad.

Stay at home mom, construction worker. Some people just stop dreaming, stop trying to find something they're good at, something they love.

You give in to the pressures of society, going off and doing whatever your parents decide is best for you, or you just won't work at all.

Your fiancé changed that for you.

He told you, pretty much forced you to follow your dream to help people... the dream of becoming a therapist.

You went from an average girl, working a small desk job at the mall, to a college student, studying social sciences.

Matthias even payed your intuition for you and let you (made you) move in with him so he could make sure you were actually following the path of success.

I don't need you to believe in me,
I know how to change my destiny,
Sit down, 'bout to to re-write our history,
Re-write our history, re-write our history!
We can change the whole world,
Gonna take it over.

So many people had constantly told you that therapy isn't a good career pursuit, that too many people leaned towards it nowadays, and that most failed.

Matthais didn't. He still found time to help you study, even through his own buisness courses.

Mommy and Daddy said that you could never possibly make it, that you were bound to crash and fall.

Matthais didn't. He told you how important you were, he told you that you were going to be the best, and that you were going to save many people from their demons.

Teachers told you that you were too emotional to be a therapist, that your history with depression would make you fail.

Matthais laughed at that. He told you that people would enjoy having someone how actually understands what they're going through, and that you're emotions prove that you're not just doing a job, that you're trying to save a life.