Lean On Me

"Mum!" I screamed weakly.

She rushed into my room and went wide eyed at the pool of blood sticking on the carpet.

She ripped out her phone and diallied an ambulance.

By the look on her face she knows what this means, but I can tell she won't explain it to me.

It hurt alot to move, it felt like my stomach was being stabbed by a million pieces of glass.

I screamed out in pain and fell back onto my bed, still only dressed in a towel.

The amount of changes that have happened to me today are quite worrying.

"Hunny, the nurses will be here soon. Just hang on in there. Luke's on his way over. I told him what has happened and he wants to see you." My Mum cried while stroking my cheek.

Minutes later Luke rushed into the room and tears formed in his eyes.

He sat down on the bed beside me and kissed my forehead.

He gave me a massive hug that covered most of my body since I was curled up into a ball from all the pain.

"I love you so much, you can get through this." He whispered in my ear.

Just then my stomach twisted again but nothing came out.

I let out a blood curdling scream and started to hyperventilate.

"What's happening?" Luke backed away in shock.

Three medics rushed passed Luke.in a matter of seconds and ran over to me.

"I need you all to back away." A young woman yelled at my Mum and Luke.

They backed away into the corner and watched on in horror of what has happened to their girlfriend, best friend and daughter.

"Alright Ellie. I need you to straughten out your body to see whats going on alright? It will hurt alot but it's the only way we wil be able to help you." The young woman in her early twenties smiled weakly.

I straightened out my body and it hurt more than ever before. 

The pain was unbearable.

I screamed in pain and the medics eyes went wide.

"Her stomach has burst. We need to get this girl into theatre. NOW!" The young woman screamed.

My stomach burst? That can't be a good thing.

I looked over at Luke and Mum, Luke was crying the oceans and Mum was comforting him while she sobbed.

Everything was a blur after that, the medics rushing me into the ambulance, rushing me in for an operation and then it all went black.

I woke up an unknown amount of days later to find Mum, Jay, Jordy, Dad, Luke and Liz all asleep scattered around the room.

I went to sit up but screamed in pain.

Everybody in the room woke up,wide eyed and startled.

"Ellie, make sure you don't move too much. It could rupture the stitches." A nurse smiled as she strolled into the room, changed my IV then left.

I noticed I was in a room with a whole lot of other people, going through the same thing as me.

Battling cancer.

It was sad to see little five year olds with the same thing as me, some on their journey out.

It was heartbreaking.