The Shocking Truth

*Luke's Pov*

The times Ellie have been at school were great, lately she's been running out of classes at random times with no explanation.

When I got back from school one day I saw her sitting on her bed reading a piece of paper and crying.

I yelled out to her but she ran to the door and shut her curtains.

I mean, I've done nothing wrong to be ignored but she's been doing it alot.

Every day her time at school got lesser and lesser until one day she wan't there at all. She was also sad all the time, no matter who she talked to.

"Mr. Hemmings, since you and Ellie are neighbours, would you mind taking her her homework this afternoon?" Mr Green interrupted my thoughts.

"Uh, sure." I exclaimed grabbing the wad of paper and stuffing it in my bag.

It came to the end of the day and I walked home on my own since El wasn't there to keep me company.

I strolled through my front door but then remembered I had to take her her homework so I ran across the lawn and to her door.

I knocked three times and waited for somebody to answer.

"Hey Luke. Go on upstairs. Ellie's in her room." Her Mum smiled.

I gave her a smile back and walked up the stairs, I heard crying coming from her room.

"El, it's me. Luke." I knocked.

"Hang on." She sobbed.

Seconds later the door swung open and a tired Ellie appeared.

"I brought you your homework, Mr. Green asked me to" I smiled.

She weakly smiled and invited me inside her room.

"Want me to help you with some of it?" I questioned grabbing out the stack of papers.

She nodded and sat down on her bed.

"Here's your world studies, you have to do an assignment on Greenpeace. Maths, you have to do Algebra. English, an essay on why criminals should stay locked up in jail, stating the two arguments or some shit." I said sorting out the paper.

She began on her math homework and got stuck, "Got a spare pencil?" I questioned.

"Yeah there should be one on there." She exclaimed pointing to her computer desk.

I looked under all of the papers until I found something eyecathing written in bold letters, I picked it up and started reading it.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but your test was positive for cancer." It had clearly in bold letters.

Ellie looked shocked and pulled the paper away from me.

I began to tear up.

"Y-y-you have cancer?" I cried.

A/N: :( I'm a horrible person. I'm sorry. I had to post it now. Bye. I'm going to cry now.

Btw, it's not finished yet, still about five more chapters which I will post tomorrow. Lots of lurvs (: <3 xx

Vote | Comment | Read