Chapter 34 - Back at it Again with those Revenge Tactics...

Chapter 34
“Taishya, we are leaving in thirty seconds!” Natalya yelled as I groaned in response.

My shoulders flinched at the sound of her voice and I felt even more inclined to get ready slower in an act of childish rebellion. I did not want to partake in today. I did not want to integrate in being a civilised acquaintance to the nut case. I did not want to try and win back the trust of the materialistic idiot who was seemingly joined at the hip with his girlfriend.

Let’s face it, being me sucked. Today I was going to face my baby with the idiot American and my arch nemesis. What else could I really say other than my life was absolutely crap and this whole day, I was certain, was destined to get a whole lot crappier.

I wore a black maternity singlet and black leggings. I was really embracing the pregnancy style, I supposed. With my hair being so pale, I felt like it was giving me a bit of an emo façade so I played on it; I laced my lashed with some pretty slick eye-liner and thick mascara I had found in the bathroom. I contemplated using the chalk-white foundation but it would not have been much use…I was already ghostly white—a trait I had pinpointed on being Russian.

I strolled out of the bathroom and gave Natalya a small, fake smile. There was no need to sugar-coat the fact that I hated her guts. I would never forget that she had caused me to live off one stupid kidney or that I had woken up half-freezing in a bath of red-stained ice or that the scar on my abdomen still ached whenever I became aware of its presence. Natalya had caused me to visit hell; she had wrecked all those years of careful planning which would have made my mission successful, all of which would have guaranteed me a rightful place in the Braginsky family. She had succumbed to jealousy which had panned out to nothing for her. I seriously doubted Ivan talked to Natalya anymore. I had assumed Natalya and Yekaterina’s relationship had been pretty tense too. Natalya had lost what I had lost years ago yet it was by her choice of action and I losing my family was some stupid, cruel fate. I hated that in a sense we were parallels; we were both abandoned, insane Eastern Europeans who had both at one stage liked the most powerful country on Earth.

“Are you wearing make-up?” Natalya asked icily as she gazed down at my heavily made---up eyes.
“I thought Sesame Street taught kids to share.” I shrugged, “You should probably watch a few episodes. I am sure it will get you a few brownie points if you ask your brain-dead boyfriend about his favourite T.V show.” I walked away, not waiting for what I wanted to see; pain or hurt or just plain anger in Natalya’s face. '

“It is not mine, Taishya.” she said quietly.

I stopped dead in my tracks and grinded my teeth in annoyance as I realized I had made a fool of myself.
“All that stuff on the basin belongs to Dedededede Be-ich.” Natalya continued, “I would not go near it. I think her and Tony altered it a little with chemicals.”

“It’s make-up. There is nothing not chemical about it.” I smirked in an attempt to hide that fact that I was bothered by talking to Natalya. I had had enough of her bicker so I continued on my way out the door…so much for the 30 second leaving time.

Alfred sat in the front seat of his car; his arm was resting half out of the window, he had his sunnies on and hair slicked back which was a bit unusual. He looked like a real badass. I paid no particular attention to what he looked like mainly because I didn’t want to boost his self-esteem. I did not even acknowledge the fact that Alfred had bent his arm around to the back door just to unlock it for me. I remained in adamant that I was not going to be polite to an ally of Natalya.

I pulled the door open, sat down and slammed it shut. I main no effort to look up with Alfred smoothly greeted me with a; ‘Sup?’.

Natalya spent five whole minutes struggling with locking the house door. I could not help but feel happy when I watched her struggle. It was humbling to see that psycho having trouble with everyday tasks and I took pride in the fact that I would have had no difficulty in closing that door.