Chapter 16 - Chaos, Change and Escaping

Chapter 16

“That’s impossible and turn the light on.” I yawned and stretched, my eyes were beginning to adjust to the light and I slowly realized these intruders were none other than Kiku and Yao.

“It would not be a good idea to turn the right on.” Kiku said quietly as he grabbed the few items I had placed on my bedside table and through them into my suitcase. “The right being on wourd wake the others and arert the press we are awake.”

“The press?” I asked as I rubbed my temples, this was all just so confusing. “What the heck are you talking about?”

“They are piling up outside-aru.” Yao zipped up my suitcase.

“No wait!” I reached for my suitcase, only to stumble a bit as Yao pulled it back from me. “I am in my pyjamas and I am wearing a fat suit! If you are taking me somewhere, let me get dressed.” I explained before a moment of realization hit me, “Wait Yao, how do you even—“

“We will explain on the way-aru.” Yao cut me short before he looked over at Kiku, “Do you think she has enough time to get dressed-aru?”

“Hai.” Kiku nodded, “Ret’s road our own possessions onto the prane. You have 10 minutes, Taishya-san.”

“Way to be bossy.” I rolled my eyes and shooed Yao and Kiku out the door. What was actually going on? I had absolutely no clue. All I knew was that I had to get dressed—and fast!

Unzipping my suitcase, I pulled out a rather baggy black shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. It was a pretty disgusting outfit but looking acceptable was the least of my concerns at that moment. I could not helping thinking about what Yao had said; “…society has discovered us countries and it is all because of you!” How could that be? What had I done to bring this about? What did this mean for the countries and society?

My new, significantly shorter, hairstyle proved to be beneficial at his time for all I had to do was brush through it a couple of times and it looked presentable. Francis obviously had the right idea about hair lengths when it came to making them look decent.

Making sure no small thing had been left behind, I was satisfied that my suitcase was now packed. I grabbed my phone, which had been conveniently placed on the surface of the suitcase pile thanks to Yao, and shoved it in my jean’s pocket.

I finished getting ready in just under seven minutes, so I was a little proud of myself. With the three minutes to kill, I walked out of my room and down the dim lit hall way to a window of the front of the premises. Scarily enough, Yao and Kiku’s statements were corroborated with the scene outside.

Hundreds of people with microphones, cameras and specified company sigs were piled outside the building, all looking like they were excitedly chatting, all competing for perhaps the report on the biggest discovery of the 21st century, something I apparently helped bring about.

“Taishya?”

I looked around to see Yao standing at the entry to my room, my suitcase in his hand. “Are you ready-aru?” he whispered as Kiku emerged from behind him.

“Yeah.” I sighed a little, turning from the frightening scene unfolding in front of me; I followed the two countries out of the G8 compartment and into the main corridor.

“We wirr have to take the back fire exit.” Kiku explained to me. “The eravator wirr attract attention.”

“You got to be kidding me!” I was pretty appalled about this remark, “I’m a pregnant lady, for God’s sake! Huge amounts of stairs and me do not do well!”