Chapter 22 - Wisdom from the Celestial Body

Chapter 22

The worst thing about this place was at night, it was pitch black. Every type of danger always conjured up into my mind when I was engulfed in physical darkness. A zombie apocalypse? Why not! A furry green monster under my bed? Definitely!

It was the sudden lack of darkness in the corner of my right eye that made me notice her. Her pearly, slightly blue glow and transparent appearance was a dead giveaway for what she was—a ghost. She was a little girl though; perhaps five or six and I had never met a little girl that I was scared of. I was not even scared of ghosts, just curious, but I was well aware that my heart had picked up in pace.

Her light blonde hair messily tumbled down to her waist, she was wearing a white flowing dress and from what I could tell, she had a very fair complexion with dull, pale blue eyes. She stared back at me, extremely still, not even blinking but then I questioned; did ghosts even blink?

And then, after moments of staring she just left. She did not go through walls or anything, but simply just walked out of the door.

Whoa! I scrambled to my feet and jumped over Hass who was sleeping on a mattress beside my bed. Since the Intruder incident, the Wiccans had decided it would be best to keep Hass with me 24/7 in case of the occurrence of another intruder in which I would have to flee fast.

I stumbled a little as I made my way to the door of the cavern. I looked out to see the gentle glow of the girl make its way down the right of the tunnel only to turn a corner.

"Are you alright, Taishya?" Henry, one of the guards asked.

I was not sure what to really say. Of course I was not alright, I had just seen a ghost for God's sake, but then that seemed crazy and I really just wanted to find out why the ghost had deliberately come into my room and watched me sleep.

"I umm did you not just see that?" I asked Henry frankly not sure of what was even going through my mind. I had to keep calm and gather my thoughts...there had been a ghost in my room, Henry was not acting like there had been a ghost in my room...I wanted to find out what the hell was with this ghost.

"See what?" Henry frowned, "Perhaps you are a bit tired, Taishya. Did you just wake up?"

"Yes." I didn't even deny it; I was tired and I had just woken up, but I knew what I had seen was not a figment of my imagination. I had to go after that kid and find out what this was all about. "I am going for a walk." I told Henry and his silent friend stating before he objected, "The baby wants to. I will be safe."

"Yell if something happens." Henry accepted my decision, "If you are not back in half an hour, we will come looking."

I nodded and waved Henry off as I continued to walk down the tunnel in the direction I had seen the glow. I did not like Henry very much; he was too young to be my older brother but too young to be my father—he probably just joined the Wiccans because he broke up with his one and only girlfriend or something superficial like that. It did not dwell on it; I had to follow this girl.

Every time I entered a new tunnel, I would just get a glimpse of the girl heading into another; this made me sure that she wanted me to follow her. A thought came into my head of Aurora following the light up and up the stair case to the spinning wheel. Was this a trap? Was this yet another twisted new development in my life? Immortals, I could handle and I could take weird beliefs too but ghosts? I was not too sure. Really, all I just wanted to do was live in solitude with my baby and the guarantee of Wiccan protection.

I ended up coming to a dead end with the tunnels; a cavern placed around the corner instead. I figured the little girl had to have been in there especially since the entrance was letting out an illuminate blue-white glow. This was the moment where I would either be faced with a spindle or something else. A 'Spindle Moment'. At least I would not be as stupid as Aurora and extend my finger towards it.