Chapter 24: Confrontation

The rest of our clothes come flying off. Austin is gentle with me the whole time. He locks our fingers together, and softly kisses me. Once it's over Austin and I lay in bed together. He gives me his shirt to wear, and for hours we lay there holding each other. Every now and then he plants sweet kisses on my hands or on my forehead.

The next morning I wake up in Austin's bed, but he's not there. I lay there for a few minutes trying to remember how I got in his bed. I look down and I'm wearing Austin's shirt. My mind wanders back to the memories of last night. I smile to myself and climb off the bed. I put my shorts on, grab my other clothes from last night, and walk out of Austin's room I hear voices coming from the kitchen. I walk toward the entry hallway, but I stop when I overhear a conversation between Austin and his friends..

"Where are you going?" Zach asks.

"All over Europe, and Australia." Austin replies.

"How long are you going to be gone?" Alex asks.

"Eight to nine months." Austin says, sadness in his voice.

"When are you going to tell her?" Alex's asks.

Austin sighs. "I don't know. I found out a few days before we left, but I didn't want it to ruin our time here."

"She needs to know." Robert says.

"I know." Austin says. "She's just been so much happier, and I feel like this will ruin everything."

"She'll be more hurt when she hears it from the wrong person." Zach says.

Tears fall out of my eyes now. He's leaving , and he hasn't told me. I step forward, but end up kicking the wall. The guys turn and see me. I look at Austin with tears falling down my cheeks before running to my room.

Austin runs after me calling my name. I ignore him and slam the door, locking it behind me. I sit on the bed and curl into a ball, crying.

"Calli." Austin says through the door. "Baby please open the door. We need to talk about this. I didn't want you to find out this way."

I get off the bed and pull the door open. I stare at him, not even trying to hide my tears. "What? Did you want me to find out the day you left?"  I sniff. "Were you even planning on telling me you're leaving?"

Austin steps into my room, ignoring my hits to get him to leave. He grabs my fists before they hit him again. "I was going to tell you, I just didn't know how."

"So you let me fuck you last night, knowing you're going to be leaving for over a year? And without me even knowing?" I yell.

Austin closes the door and pushes me to sit on the bed. "That's not fair Calli."

"That's not fair?" I repeat, scoffing. "No what isn't fair, is you lying to me for almost two weeks. Leading me on thinking this would work."

"I didn't lie to you. I just didn't tell you." Austin says kneeling in front of me.

"That's just as bad!" I yell in his face. "Not telling me, is the same thing as lying."

"I was trying to keep you from getting hurt by this." Austin yells right back at me.

I stare directly into his eyes. "Well you've done a pretty damn great job Austin."

I can see that I hurt him, but he hurt me by not telling me he was leaving. Austin stands up and walks out the door, making a point to slam it behind him. I fall to the floor and cry, until there aren't anymore tears in me. I manage to finish up packing as Michelle lets me know we're leaving. I throw on one of my old dance hoodies and pull the hood up. I plug in my headphones, and walk straight past Austin. The entire car ride to the airport is silent. I open my twitter and scroll through the newsfeed. Austin's name pops up and I see his tweet.