Chapter 15: Valentine's Day

Early the next morning we're off for New Mexico. Austin has three shows there, then two in Arizona. After Arizona there's three more weeks of shows, before we have another couple weeks off. The shows are getting a lot better, now that I've stopped getting hate. Maddi and Monica have been strangely nice to me as well. They won't talk to me, but they've stopped making rude remarks. My mom and I have been talking more. She's been doing a lot better, she even had a boyfriend since the end of November. His name's Nathan and he adores my mom and Grey. I can't help but feel so happy for her.

Our last week off is the week of Valentine's day. Austin tells me he has a big surprised planned for us, but of course he won't tell me. The morning of, I wake up to a knock at my door. I climb out of bed to answer the door. I open it to find nobody there. Looking down I see a card with my name on it. I open the envelope and read the card.

"Happy Valentine's day, beautiful. I can't wait for tonight! I'll pick you up at six. Wear something pretty. ;) -XO Austin."

I smile at his card and go back into my room. Its only noon, but I go into my closet to look for something pretty to wear. I spend half an hour throwing clothes all over the room with no luck of finding anything. I slide to the floor, laying face down on a pile of clothes.  My door opens and in walks Calum.

'Hey Cal.' He says. "What happened in here?" He tries not to laugh.

"Austin's taking me on a date tonight, but I can't find anything to wear." I whine.

He looks around the mess. "Really? Out of all these clothes you can't find anything?"

I laugh. "Yeah. He said to look pretty, and I don't have anything pretty enough for him."

"I'm sure Austin would think you're beautiful in whatever you wear." He says.

I blush. "Thanks Calum, but I want to try and impress him."

Calum grabs my hand and pulls me up. "Then let's go shopping."

Calum and I walk around Denver looking for a dress, after he even treats me to getting my nails done. Calum is one of the only people, besides Austin, I've gotten really close to. I consider him one of my best friends.

 I get back to my room and it's four o'clock. I jump in the shower and quickly shave. After my shower I dry my long, thick hair and curl it. Next I do my makeup. Normally I don't wear any makeup, but I figured tonight was going to be special. Finally I put on my dress. I made sure to get it in Austin's favorite color. I grab my jewelry off the nightstand. I see my dad's necklace sitting there. I grab it and hook it around my neck.

Right at six there's a knock at the door. I quickly put my shoes on and open the door to see Austin standing in the doorway with a bouquet of my favorite flowers: yellow roses. Austin looks me up and down, with a huge grin on his face.

"These are for you." He says handing me the flowers.

"Thank you." I smile at him. "They're beautiful."

"Yes you are." Austin winks at me.

I blush and take a step back. "Let me put these in water then we can go."

I fill up a vase that just happened to be at the hotel, as Austin sits on the bed and watches me.

"I've never seen you in a dress." He says. "I like it though."

I blush yet again. "I'm not the type to wear a lot of dresses, but you said look pretty so I figured I might as well."

Austin stands up and wraps his arms around my waist. "You'd look beautiful in anything."