Chapter 26: The Accident

{Calli}

Over the next week and a half I prepare my routine to show Austin's mom. The song I chose is Nightingale by Demi Lovato. It's been one of my favorites since her album came out. I was still trying to accept my dad's death, even four months after, and this song made me feel closer to him.

I throw in leap after leap in this routine. I know it's only to show Michelle why they chose me, but I still want her to be proud of what I've done. Austin comes to watch me everyday that I work on it. He sits there in awe at what I'm doing.

Finally after hours of practicing it's complete. Michelle agreed to meet Austin and I at my dance studio where I've been rehearsing. She walks in along with Dave and Austin's choreographer. Now I'm extremely nervous. At first I was ok with this whole thing, but now that it's actually happening terrifies me. My palms start sweating and twitching. Austin notices and walks over to me.

"Why are you so nervous baby?" He asks kissing my hands.

"I don't know." I answer. "I just want them to like what I've been doing."

Austin leans forward and kisses my forehead. "I've watched you over the past couple days and I love it. I know they will too."

I grin up at him. "Yeah well, you're also my boyfriend. You're going to like anything I do."

"Mm not always." Austin says. "Now go out there and kick butt like I know you can."

I stand on my toes and quickly kiss his cheek. "Gladly."

Austin goes to join everyone else. I stand in the center waiting for them to say something.

Michelle smiles at me. "Relax Calli." She says. "We know how good you are. Whenever you're ready."

I nod at her, then nod at Austin so he can start the music. The soft ballad starts as I dance. I pour everything in me into this performance. Sweat and tears stream down my face. I finish with the last leap, landing perfectly. The song fades out as I stand up to look at everyone. Their faces are expressionless, which scares me.

Michelle suddenly smiles. "Beautiful Calli."

Austin's choreographer nods. "Agreed."

Dave nods as well. "I don't know anything about dance, but you were amazing."

I blush and bow slightly. "Well thank you." I giggle and Austin comes to wrap me in a hug.

"I know you have two more weeks of school, right?" Michelle asks.

I nod my head.

"Well we will be leaving in three weeks for Florida. From there we'll spend three or four weeks preparing for the tour, then we are off to London. I hope you will be joining us again, Calli." Michelle says.

I nod my head excitedly. "Thank you for doing all this for me."

Michelle smiles before walking over and hugging me. "Austin fell in love with your dancing the first time he saw it. So did I." She gently squeezes my hand before following the others out the door.

Austin stays with me while I pack up my stuff. "I told you, you had nothing to worry about." He says wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"I know." I say threading my fingers in his. My phone ringing causes me to step out of Austin's grasp.

I look at the caller ID and see it's my mom.

"Hey mom. What's up?" I ask answering the phone.

"Sweetie, I'm caught in traffic and I need to be at Grey's school in five minutes to pick him up. I'll never make it. Can you-"