Chapter 26 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

* 1 month later *

I sat by the windowsill, taking in the fresh breeze that came through the open window. The sound of wind in the wind chimes rung through the room, soothing me. Today was beautiful, a day you’d like to spend sitting outside with a good book and ice cold lemonade. Tanning by the pool, wearing your best bikini and sunglasses. A day you look forward to every year, the beginning of summer was just around the corner. 

I decided to do just that, so I grabbed my bikini’s and walked into the bathroom to go change. After changing, I looked in the mirror, smiling to myself. My black ray bands were now on and a big sun hat. I grabbed a bottle of sun block, my phone and a good book before walking downstairs and outside to the pool.

The sun soaked into my skin, a smile planted on my face. I missed this, the feeling of relaxing, the warm sun heating up my skin.

I frowned and threw my hands in the air as a shadow formed over me, blocking the sun. I opened my eyes, squinting still not being able to see properly. It wasn’t a cloud though, something closer.

“Hey shawty.”

“Justin?”

“Yeah it’s me.”

“Get out of the way of the sun and come give me a hug.”

He chuckled and instead of sitting beside me like I had expected he decided to lie on top of me. Careful not to crush me though. His lips softly pressed to mine, creating butterflies.

The last month...wow. The same feelings have stayed, and my life seemed pretty much perfect. I was beginning to be thankful for the car accident. To all the peer pressure, to my best friend, Mia and to Selena. But most importantly, to Justin. 

He was my soul mate, and I’ve known it all along deep down. But I never wanted to let him go, I wanted to be with him forever. 

I pushed him off me, now having something to tell him. Something I’ve pondered in my mind for the last few days. I had to tell him sooner or later because he was going on tour in another week. Two months were almost up. 

“Justin?”

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

I knew this was true now, I needed to say it. I did love him, with all my heart. I had introduced him to my family already and Justin had asked my father if he was okay with him going out with me, even though I told him not to. My dad approved of course, making Justin a lot happier. 

Justin’s expression changed, looking into my eyes fully. I was beginning to get lost in them when his lips suddenly crashed into mine, kissing me unexpectedly. 

Once he pulled away he grinned, “I love you too.”

- Justin’s Pov –

I walked around the room impatiently as my mum gave me a weird stare. 

“What’s wrong Justin?”

“Just some stuff on my mind.”

“Like...?”

I took a deep breath and sat beside my mum, my hands placed on my knees. 

“Today I told Ashlee I loved her. I’m leaving in a week and going to be away from Ashlee and to top it all off I haven’t gotten her anything for her birthday and it’s in two days!”

“That’s so sweet, I know Justin make the most of your time then and what does she like...?” Mum spoke, replying to everything in order.

Then the best idea hit me, and I couldn’t let it slip through my hands. I told mum instantly and she thought about it for a while before calling scooter and having a big chat with him.

After 20 minutes of waiting anxiously I saw the one thing I wanted, a nod of approval from my mum.

And just like that I knew what I was getting her for her birthday.

* 2 days later *

- Ashlee’s Pov –

My hair smelt like strawberries, the scent filling the air as I combed through it, clearing away the knots. It was my birthday and it felt great to be finally turning seventeen, the same age as Justin. 

I heard the knock I had been waiting for downstairs. 

“I’ll answer it!” I yelled, running down the stairs and almost tripping.

I opened the door quickly, the biggest grin on my face as I saw my boyfriend standing there. A bunch of roses in one arm and a wrapped gift with a big bow in the other.

“Justin!”

“Happy birthday baby.” He said, putting his arms around me.

I smiled and pulled away looking into his caramel eyes, pure bliss. 

“And these are for you. You’ll find out the rest of your present tonight.”

“Aw Justin, you shouldn’t have. But thank you, the roses are lovely.”

“Only for you,” he said, kissing my cheek, making me blush.

I sat down, pulling him down next to me and I begun to unwrap the gift. I opened it and covered my mouth with a gasp, amazed. 

“Justin...This is your new perfume, ‘someday,’ isn’t it?”

He nodded, “Yeah, why?”

“It’s not supposed to be out for a month!”

“I had to break the rules for my lady. Try it.”

I took it out, eyeing the gorgeous bottle. It was beautiful, I loved it. I sprayed some over me, closing my eyes and taking in the sweet scent. 

“Justin...wow.”

As I opened my eyes and noticed his face closer to mine, his lips now kissing my neck to my jaw line and finally to my lips. He pulled back, a small smile etched onto his gorgeous face. 

“It tastes good on you...” 

I laughed and slapped his arm slightly and pulled him into a hug, bringing my lips to his ear to whisper something.

“You are the best boyfriend anyone could ever have, Justin.”

“That’s because I know how to respect ladies.”

Just like that he made butterflies go crazy inside me, my heart melting at his touch and the sound of his husky Canadian accent just simply saying my name or that he loved me. I knew he meant it when he said those 3 words, he wouldn’t ever lie, I could see it in his eyes that he meant it. 

I sat next to him, not saying a word because he always left me speechless. I just stared at him, my eyes locked with his, getting lost in his deep caramel eyes. At this moment I couldn’t wait until tonight to find out the rest of my present. Not because I was greedy, but because whatever it is, I know it’s going to be even more romantic than ever. 

I really do love him.