Chapter 4 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

“Honey? Can you get some groceries?” Mum asked, standing by my bedroom door. 
I looked up from my book with a sigh and nodded, “yeah, what do you want me to get?” 
“The list is on the kitchen table, just take it on your way out,” she smiled and walked out of my room. 
This was probably the worst thing about having my licence; I have to do all these jobs for mum. 

I closed my book, making sure the bookmark saved my page and I got up from my bed and walked downstairs. I grabbed the shopping list in my right hand and read over it.

I needed, bread, tomato, cereal, yoghurt and carrots. 

I looked away from the list and noticed my sister, Lucy who was drawing a picture at the table. 
“What are you drawing Lucy?” I asked, walking behind her to view her picture.
“Our family,” she simply said with her tongue slightly out of her mouth with concentration.
She was good at drawing, for a 3 year old. 
“I’m going to the shops, I’ll see you soon, okay?” I said, before kissing her cheek.
“Okay Ashy,” she said, not looking up from her drawing.

I hopped in my car and turned the engine on, before driving down the road heading towards the store. I flicked on the radio and listened to ‘paparazzi’ by Lady Gaga. I was curious as to why they were playing such an old song on this channel, but shrugged it off. It was about 1pm, I had wasted alot of the day reading so it was good to get out of the house. I pulled up in a car park which was really busy. It was probably a bad time to go in the day, especially on a Saturday. 

I walked into the store, passing a security guard with dark shades on. That was odd, they didn’t normally have that. I ignored it and walked in, taking a trolley and walking down the first aisle, looking for the bread. I scanned the shelves, looking around for the regular. Ah, here it is. I pulled the bread down from the shelf and placed it in the trolley before looking back up at two eyes staring at me from the other side. In the next aisle a boy stared at me, I was melting inside at the sight of his caramel coloured eyes. I blushed and looked away, continuing to walk down the aisle, searching for the cereal. 

As I walked, I continued to think at those eyes I stared into for those 4 seconds. They were gorgeous; I could look into them all day. I broke away from my train of thoughts and continued searching for the cereal. I spotted a nice chocolate flavoured one and placed the box in the trolley. I turned around and pushed the trolley, not looking where I was going before crashing into a guy. 
“Oh my god, I am so sorry!” I said, pulling the trolley back from the guy I had just bumped into. 
He placed his hand on his side, and looked up. 
“Are you okay?” I asked concerned. 

‘How stupid can you get Ashlee?’ 

He looked up at me and smiled, “Aye, its cool, don’t worry about it,” he said with a Canadian accent. 
I stood speechless; he was the guy who I was looking at! The one with the caramel eyes. 
“Oh, it’s you,” He smirked. 
“Me?” I asked, confused. 
“I was looking at you through the gap?” He said, raising his eyebrow.
“Oh, yeah,” I blushed, looking down.
That accent, the hair, the eyes, he somehow gave me butterflies. Why did he look so familiar? 
“What’s your name?” He asked.

I was about to answer him before I saw the security guy come in my direction and pushing the boy away from me, down the aisle. 
“Wait, hold up,” He yelled.
“No, we have to leave!” The security guy yelled, pushing the guy out of view.
I frowned and continued pushing the trolley down the aisle. I didn’t even know his name. Maybe I didn’t want to know him; maybe he was trouble just waiting to happen. So why am I still thinking about those eyes, and why did he give me butterflies? 

-Justin's pov- 

I scanned the shelf for the flour Kenny told me to get. I held the list in my hand and tried to find the right brand. I found it and pulled it from the shelf and a light shined through, taking away the shadows. At the same time I pulled the flour from the shelf, someone had pulled something from the other side, creating a gap so I could see them. She looked up and stared at me. Whoa, I stared back at her, her eyes were amazing. They were an amazing blue, I had never seen such stunning eyes in my life, and I had seen so many. 

I watched as her cheeks turned a light pink before she looked away and disappeared. I had to meet her, I just had to. I walked down her aisle and watched as she reached up to grab a box of cereal. She dropped it in her trolley and turned around, the trolley crashed into me. 

‘Smooth, real smooth Justin’. 

“Oh my god, I am so sorry!” She said, pulling the trolley away from me. I held my side, but it wasn’t very painful. 
“Are you okay?” She asked worried. 
“Aye, it’s cool, don’t worry about it,” I told her.
She just stood there staring at me. Oh shit, I bet she was a fan. Why does this always happen to me? I decided to stop her from staring by breaking the silence. 
“Oh, it’s you.”
“Me?” She asked confused.
“I was looking at you through the gap?” I raised my eyebrow.
“Oh, yeah,” She said, blushing.
She looked adorable, I love it when I make a girl blush.
“What’s your name?” I asked, eager to know.

But the moment was ruined when Kenny smashed into me, and lead me away down the aisle.
“Wait, hold up,” I yelled.
“Now, we have to leave!” Kenny yelled, pushing me out of the aisle so I could no longer see her pretty face.
“Oh man, what did you do that for?” I said, pissed.
“The paparazzi are outside, we have to go,” He said, pushing me out the back entrance and into a black car. 

I didn’t even get to hear her name. 

-Ashlee's Pov - 

“Here,” I said as I placed the 2 grocery bags on the kitchen table in front of mum. 
“Thankyou sweetie, I hope it was no trouble.”
“Not at all,” I lied.
To be honest, it was alot of trouble. Because while I was doing her simple task, I came across a boy. Who gave me butterflies and made me lost for words. I had no clue who he was and if I’ll ever see him again. I can’t get him off my mind, but why? I only saw him for about 30 seconds all up. 

I saw alot of hot guys, but why was this one lodged in my memory? Why are their butterflies in my stomach when I think of him, and why was I lost for words when I went to talk to him, and why does his eyes make my heart melt?

I just wanted to know his name.

‘Wait, snap out of it Ashlee’, I told myself.
I have a boyfriend.

I shoved the pillow on my face, and closed my eyes and screamed into the pillow. Nobody could hear, but it felt good to let it out. I just wanted to have Matt back in my arms, since he was in hospital, everything was going wrong. 

- Justin’s pov - 

I slammed the door and stepped into my hotel room. The paparazzi as per usual ruined my chances with a pretty girl. 

I just wanted to know her name.

“Justin? Can we talk?” My mum asked sweetly from outside the door.
I frowned, “yeah, come in, it’s unlocked”.
The door clicked and swung open and there stood my mum with a concerned look on her face.
“What’s wrong Justy?” She asked, plonking herself down on the bed beside me. 

I sighed, “There was this girl I saw at the shops. She seemed different, I looked at her and she gave me butterflies. Something about her made me want to speak to her. So, she accidently ran her trolley into me. She apologised and before she could tell me her name, Kenny pulled me away because the paparazzi found me,” I said, looking down at my purple supras. 
“Oh...” 

I sighed and layed down, “It doesn’t matter, it’s not like we’re staying here long, are we?”
“Actually, were staying for 2 months,” she stated.
I sat up, “what?”
“Yeah, Scooter said to take a break,” she smiled.
I grinned widely, just what I needed, a break.