Chapter 23 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

-Ashlee’s Pov –

-

“Ashlee, hurry up!” 
I laughed at how impatient Justin was being and sprinted up the path towards him. I reached his arms and dived into him, making us fall to the ground. I looked around for a moment at our surroundings. The large field was gorgeous, so lush and green. I looked back into Justin’s caramel eyes before pressing my lips to his.

“Perfect.”

I fluttered my eyes open, smiling like crazy. That was a good dream.

I checked my phone for any texts. None. Not even from my boyfrie- my ex. I sighed and swung my legs over the bed and stood up. Today the plan was beginning and I was praying that it would work. 

A heard a knock on my door and I told them that they could come in while I continued searching for something to wear. Two arms were then around my waist, their chin on my shoulder. 
“Good morning.”
“Justin!”
I turned around and wrapped my arms around him, surprised to see him.
“Hey Ashlee.”
"How did you even get in?"
"The front door was unlocked," he chuckled. 
"Of course it was."

“What time’s Selena fly in?” I then asked.
“In an hour, I was wondering if you’d like to come with me to the airport.”
I nodded, “I would love to, just let me get changed.”

- Selena’s Pov- 

“Welcome to Atlanta.” The captain announced over the speakers. 
I looked outside over the Atlanta weather. Cloudy. Just my luck. I slipped on my new leather jacket before standing up and taking my carry-on bag from the overhead locker. I walked down the aisle of the plane, being careful not to lose my balance in the tight space. 

‘Maybe today wasn’t a good day to wear high heels.’ I thought to myself.

I walked into the airport, finally free from the plane. I walked proudly for the cameras taking one step in front of the other with the loud clicking steps of my red high heels. I gave a few waves to some screaming fans and exited the area away from the paparazzi. 

“Selena!” A familiar voice yelled.
I turned to see where the voice had come from and spotted Justin walking towards me smiling. I took my attention from him and to the girl who he was holding hands with. My smile slightly faded but I made sure to keep it on my face.

“Justin! Good to see you.” I said sweetly, pulling him into a hug.”
“This is Ashlee, my...” He begun, but paused, “friend.”
“Nice to meet you.” I smiled.
“You too Selena.” She said, holding out her hand for me to shake.
I laughed and pulled her into a hug, “You’re my new friend, friends hug, not shake hands.”

She laughed and grinned back before taking Justin’s hand again. Friend? They looked to a couple to me. I shook it off and followed Justin as he led me to his car. 

- Ashlee’s Pov –

My hand found Justin’s again and Selena watched, her expression changing. She smiled when I realised, but it didn’t reach her eyes. It was probably nothing though. 

We walked back towards the car park and Justin stopped in his tracks, running a hand through his hair. 
“What is it?”
“I forget where I parked the car.”
“Of course you did, Justin.” Selena said before passing us and walking away through the car park. 
“Where are you going!?” 
“Looking for the car,” she yelled back, “are you coming or not?”

*

“Can you find me a hotel I could stay at?” Selena asked.
“You could stay at my hotel.”
I felt something in my stomach. I didn’t really want them to be staying at the same hotel; it would make me scared he will go back for her.
“Or my house.” I blurt without thinking.
“Would you really let me stay at your house?” Selena asked looking surprised.
I nodded, “of course, do you want to?”
“I’d love to!”
“Okay, let me call my mum first.”

I raised my phone to my ear and listened to the dial tone before my mum answered. I went through the ‘hello’ and ‘how are you,’ routine before cutting to the chase.
“Can I have a friend stay the weekend?”
“Mia?” 
“I have other friends you know, mum.”
“Well, uh, sure I guess.” She answers, “One problem.”
“What?”
“Your father and I are away for the weekend, remember? It’s our anniversary and we are going to Las Vegas.” 
“Oh that’s right. Yeah that’s fine; at least I’ll have company.”
I could imagine her rolling her eyes at this point, “Okay sweetie. Will you be home soon, I’m going to the airport in an hour.”
“Almost home, see you in a minute.”

That was easier than thought...

I hung up and turned to Selena, “It’s all good, you get to stay with me!”

*

“You know, I really appreciate you spending time with Selena. You know, cause she’s my ex and all.”
“Justin, I don’t care if she’s your ex. You’re not even my boyfriend so, I’m not jealous. Besides, she’s helping me with our plan, it’s the least I can do.”
He sighed; “Can I see you tonight, alone?”
I gave him a puzzled look, “Okay, sure.”
“Make sure Selena’s asleep and I’ll pick you up at 11 tonight.”
I bit my lip and nodded, Selena now joining us. I looked up at my house and back at Selena. 
“Let’s go inside,” I told her before turning to Justin, “Bye Justin.”

I walked inside the front door which was left unlocked by some irresponsible family member of mine. I found my mum complaining to dad, her hand up to her right air trying to put her hoop earrings in. I coughed and they both looked over at me shocked before smiling realising Selena’s presence. 

“Hello, nice to meet you, I’m Ashlee’s mum, Jane.” Mum said, holding her hand out for Selena.
Selena smiled and took my mum’s hand, “I’m Selena.”
“Do I know you from somewhere?” Mum suddenly asks.
I butt in, “No, you’ve never met her, she’s from, uh, New York.” 

Selena looks at me strangely and I gave her a ‘just go with it' look. I didn’t want to get in to details telling my family that I now know and hang out with famous people. I lead Selena up to the spare bedroom and she sits on the bed, letting out a yawn. 

“Thank you,” she says, “I’m so going to bed by 8 o’clock tonight.”
I nod understandingly, “Okay, and tomorrow you can meet Matt.”
“Who’s Matt?”
“The boy we want you to meet.”
“Oh, right.”

*

Selena had been fast asleep for 2 hours now and it was almost 11. I let out a yawn but stayed awake, sipping at my energy drink. I needed it; I wanted to be fully awake when I went out with Justin tonight. I heard a quiet knock on my front door and I tip toed to it not wanting to wake up Selena or my siblings. I slid out the door and joined a smiling Justin on the porch. I placed my finger softly on my lips and took his hand, walking quietly towards the car which was parked a few houses away so nobody would hear. 

I kissed Justin’s cheek once we were both sitting in the car. 

“So...where are we going, Justin?” 
“Nowhere.”
I gave him a puzzled look and he leaned in pressing his lips to mine. I was startled at first but finally kissed back, sending sparks flying all around us. I pulled away and chewed on my bottom lip, before looking up at him. He licked his lips and smirked.
“I have something to ask you, Ashlee,” He said, looking nervously and playing with his hands. 
“What is it?”
“Uh, I wanted to know, if, uh...”

I sat silently, watching him with a smile. He was so nervous, I didn’t know why though, it was only me. He looked up at me, taking my hands in his, his eyes boring into mine. His eyes were so deep, never ending. They told a story, I could look into them for eternity and never get bored. He took a deep breath and begun talking again, this time speaking clear.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

My stomach did a flip, butterflies swarming uncontrollably. I couldn’t believe what he had just said, I didn’t even think about him asking me this tonight. 

“Yes!” I said excitedly, throwing myself into his arms.

He kissed my cheek as we hugged for what seemed like forever. It wasn’t an awkwardly long hug; I wanted to stay in his arms for the rest of my life. 

Everything felt so right at this moment, I could finally call Justin my boyfriend.