Chapter 17 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

- Ashlee’s Pov –

I twirled my shiny silver fork around in the bowl, wrapping the pasta up on the end. I watched Justin as he took a bite of his spaghetti and smiled, as if to tell me that he liked it. I looked back down and picked up my fork which had pasta now wrapped around it. I took a bite, the flavour dancing on my tongue. I finally understood why this place was so expensive and packed with people. 

“Do you like it?” Justin asked me.

I nodded, looking up at Justin with a smile.

“It’s amazing, thank you for bringing me here.”

“No need to thank me, besides, it’s not as amazing as you.” 

“That was corny as hell,” I chuckled, “But cute.”

He laughed back and looked down at his pasta, smiling to himself about something. 

Tonight was even more perfect than I had hoped; it was going great so far. Every minute I grew more attracted to him, pulled in by an invisible connection that ran between us. 

- Justin’s Pov –

I placed my arm around Ashlee’s waist and pulled her closer to me as we walked to my car. The cold night air made Ashlee shiver beside me and I walked even faster to the car, not wanting her to be cold. She didn’t bring a jumper to dinner, just her dress that didn’t look like it would give her much warmth. I opened the boot of my range rover and pulled out one of my spare jumpers and handed it to her once we were in the car. 

She held it up in front of her, “Oh, thank you.”

“No problem shawty,” I replied. 

She slipped it on, and looked at me with an expression as if to ask how it looked. It was way too big for her, which made her look even more adorable. She looked comfortable in it, beautiful as ever.

“Looks better on you than it does on me.”

She blushed, “Don’t think so.” 

She looked down and mumbled something under her breath that I wasn’t supposed to hear, but I did.

‘Everything looks good on you.’

I couldn’t help but smile to myself as I started up the car and begun to drive.

*

I pulled up in front of the beach, it was dark and I couldn’t see anything but that was good. I got out and went around to Ashlee’s side, helping her out of the car. 

“Why thank you,” Ashlee said in a posh voice trying not to giggle. 

“You’re very welcome ma'am,” I said back with a posh voice.

She held her sides while laughing and I raised my eyebrow at her, trying not to laugh at how much she was. She controlled her breathing and looked up at me.

“You suck at doing posh voices!”

“I do not!” I objected.

“Do to,” She smirked before placing her hand on her face, “Gosh, I sound like a child.”

“That’s cause you are Ashlee.”

She frowned, crossing her arms, “I’m turning seventeen next month, Justin.”

“Child.” 

“Loser.”

“Slut!”

"Jerk!"

And before I knew it my lips were crashed on hers, her lips tasting like strawberries. They moved in sync with mine and it felt so right, like her lips were made to be attached to mine. She pulled away and looked shyly at her feet, before confusion rushed over her face. 

She looked up at me and bit her lip, “Is it wrong that I liked that?”

I grinned, “Not at all.”

She half smiled and I opened the boot, taking out a blanket for us to lay on. 

“What are we actually doing here?” She questioned, taking my hand. 

I smiled to myself as I intertwined our fingers together and walked onto the soft sand, which oozed between our toes. 

“I want to look up at the stars.”

“I don’t need to, I’m looking at one now.” She smirked, happy with her joke.

I laughed quite loudly at that.

“Who’s being corny now?” 

She stuck her tongue out and helped me place the blanket neatly on the sand before lying down on her back, waiting for me to join her, which I did.

I watched her carefully; she faced her head upwards, looking at the stars with a small smile. Her beauty took my breath away, she was beautiful. She gasped in amazement and pointed up to the sky.

“Did you see that?” she asked me in an tone showing that she was amazed at what she had seen.

“See what?” I asked confused, but interested in how she was reacting. 

“The shooting star!”

I shook my head, “No, I was er, looking at you.”

She blushed for the millionth time tonight, and looked back up at the stars, smiling.

“Did you make a wish?” I asked her.

“Didn’t need to.” She simply replied, which made my night.

How I wish I could call her mine, I liked her as much as she seemed to like me. If it wasn’t for her boyfriend everything would be perfect. I couldn’t decide whether I wanted him to wake up or not though, would it make or break me and Ashlee together?

I looked at the time on my phone and sighed, it was just after 10 now, we had been laying here for a bit over an hour. 

“Ashlee, I have to take you home now.”

“Oh okay,” she mumbled, “That’s fine.”

“But I’d like to do this again some time. I really like you Ashlee.” 

She smiled, “I really like you too, Justin.”

*

- Ashlee’s Pov -

Justin dropped me home by 10:30 and we hugged, creating a huge amount of butterflies inside my stomach. Before I knew it, his car was out of site and I was standing alone on my porch.

Right now I couldn’t choose what I wanted. Did I want Matt to wake up or not? I don’t want to ruin what I have with Justin; I cared for them both so much. I had known Matt since I can remember; he had always been one of my best friends. Until we started to date, I was now questioning if I loved him like that. The thing is, I’ve never felt the way I’ve felt with any other boy, when I’m with Justin. It’s something different, and I wanted to feel those feelings...every day. 

“How was tonight?” Mum asked, appearing at the top of the stairs.

“Excellent.” I smiled, moving past her and to my room.

Before I could turn the handle and walk inside mum was beside me looking at me. 

“When are you bringing him home?”

I sighed and slouched my shoulders, “He’s not my boyfriend, he’s just a friend.”

“Still, I want to meet him!” 

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, “Okay, soon?”

“Good. Now go to bed, you have school in the morning.”

I frowned, and kissed her goodnight before stepping into my room, getting changed and sliding under the covers of my warm bed, recapping the events of today over and over in my head. As I fell asleep, I snuggled up to Justin's jumper, smelling the glorious scent of his cologne.