Chapter 11 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

- Ashlee's Pov –

I woke up to the usual signs of a spring morning. Birds cheeping, the smell of fresh flowers and the sunshine brightening up my bedroom. I yawned and stretched my arms in the air before reaching for my phone which had one new message.

I frowned when I saw the name. I was just thinking Matt was awake, since he was the one that normally sent me my morning texts.

I missed him. 

Justin had sent; “Hey, do you want to hang out today?” 
“Sure, when?” I sent back before climbing out of bed and stumbling into the bathroom. 

- Justin’s Pov –

I read over the text twice, making sure she actually said yes. I texted back saying that I would pick her up at 11 outside her house. She replied simply with ‘Okay.’

It could be just the way I’m reading her texts, but it just seems like she doesn’t want to hang out with me. Maybe this was a stupid crush and I was just annoying her...

It was now 9 o’clock and I was already in my black skinny jeans, my red flap cap and my red YMCMB jumper. I sighed reading her texts over and over again. Maybe I was just over thinking this, maybe she did want to be my friend. 

I scrolled through my contact list, looking for someone’s number. I needed to keep my mind off Ashlee until I see her; I don’t want to jump to conclusions. I clicked on Chaz’s number and listened to the dialling tone.

“Hello?” Chaz answered. 
“Hey Chazzy!” 
It was good to hear his voice again; I haven’t seen him in 2 months. 
“Aye; what’s up?” 
“Taking a 2 month vacation it Atlanta, you?” 
He sighed, “Playing Xbox, when are you coming back to Canada? We need to shoot some hoops!” 
“I know, maybe if things don’t work out with a girl, I’ll visit you over my break.”
“You met a girl? Are you putting on your Bieber charm?” He chuckled. 
“No, she has a boyfriend who’s in a coma. I’m just her friend.” 
“But you’re going to get her right?” 
I laughed, “I hope so.”

We talked for another 20 minutes before he said he had to go and play Xbox. I laughed at his clear favourite and hung up.

- Ashlee’s Pov – 

I straightened my already naturally straight hair; just making sure it looked perfect. For some reason I felt like I had to impress him...

I sighed looking at my phone, it’s been almost a full week since the accident and I was really missing Matt. Justin was keeping Matt off my mind alot though, if it wasn’t for Justin I wouldn’t have been smiling these past few days. I was glad today was a public holiday so I could see Justin again. 

I finished getting ready and looked over myself. I wore blue jeans and a white top, my long blonde hair falling halfway down my back. I put on some converse and collapsed onto the couch before scrolling for Mia’s number in my contacts list.

“Hey Ashlee, what’s up?” 
“I went to the fair with Justin last night.” 
She squealed in excitement and kept on repeating the words, ‘no way.’ I told her I couldn’t believe it either. Why would he want to spend time with someone like me? He could have any girl in the world. I told her what happened last night and she listened carefully, then gasping when I told her we almost kissed.
“Why didn’t you kiss him?” Mia asked stunned.
“The camera interrupted it,” I stated, “but I’m glad it did, I have a boyfriend and Justin and I are just friends.” 
“Sounds like you two have alot in common.”
I laughed, “I only know a few things so far.”
“But all those things so far are in common.”

And she was right. I just tried to steer clear of the fact that I may have a crush on him. I had a boyfriend who was in a coma; I couldn’t do this to him.

I heard a knock on my door and said goodbye to Mia on the phone before opening my front door, revealing a handsome Canadian boy. 
“Hey,” he smiled warmly, “You look gorgeous.”
I blushed and looked down, “Thanks Justin.”
“You ready?” He asked me; breaking the awkward silence I created by looking down while I blushed.
I nodded and shut the door behind me and we walked to a range rover. 
“This yours?” I asked him, my eyebrow raised.
“Yeah, do you like it?” 
“It’s better than mine,” I laughed, pointing at my red truck. 

- Justin’s Pov –

She laughed slightly, insulting her truck. Her laugh was so cute, even though I hadn’t heard her full on laugh yet, this one was still cute. 

She looked at me as we sat in the car, her eyes locked with mine. I looked deeply into her amazing blue eyes, and hers shot down to the car floor, breaking our connection. I coughed awkwardly and started up the car, pulling out onto the quiet road. The first thing that popped in my mind was our question game from the Ferris wheel.

“Can you speak any languages?” I asked her.
She laughed at my random question, “No, can you?”
“I speak can speak French,” I smiled proud.
“Cute,” she said quietly, I didn’t comment because I don’t think I was supposed to hear. I smiled, trying to avoid myself from blushing. 

She thought I was cute?

“Favourite food?” She asked me.
“Spaghetti, you?”
“I don’t have one.” 
“You don’t?” 
“Nah, can’t pick,” she told me, looking out the window of the car. 
“Can you play any instruments?” I asked her.
She nodded, “Piano.”
I smiled, “Nice. I play guitar, piano, drums, and more.”

We asked a few more questions before pulling up outside a bowling alley. She looked nervously at me. 

“I can’t bowl.”
“I’ll teach you shawty,” I winked. 
We walked inside together, and approached the front counter waiting to receive our bowling shoes. 
“I hate bowling shoes.”
“Me too.” She agreed.
“That’s another thing we have in common.” 
She laughed and punched my arm jokingly, “You’re a loser.”

She was so cute, even when she was insulting me.

I retrieved our bowling shoes and made our way to the lane. We tied our shoes and she beat me, walking off to go find a bowling ball. 
Ashlee chose a pink one and I chose a purple one of course. 
“Nice choice,” she laughed, sticking her tongue out.

Cute, once again. I wished I could make myself snap out of liking her, but every time I tried, I was taken away by her beauty. 

It was Ashlee’s turn first and she stood in front of the polished lane and aimed the ball. She swung back her arm and followed through; her arm moving forwards and letting the ball fly from her fingers, landing in the gutter. I covered my face, trying not to laugh and she turned around, embarrassed. 
“I told you I was bad!”
I chuckled and stood up, “here let me help you.”

She stood nervously as I picked her ball up and passed it to her. She didn’t need to be nervous; she didn’t need to impress me in any way. She impressed me by being herself. She slipped her thin fingers into the pink bowling ball and held it in front of her chest. I stood behind her, putting my arms around her. One hand resting on hers and the bowling ball and the other on her waist. 
“Move your arm back like this,” I said, guiding her movements.
“And then?” 
“Swing forward and release.” I whispered into her ear softly. 

She threw the ball and it rolled down the centre of the lane and hit nine of the ten pins down. She turned to face me, a giant smile on her face.
“Thank you Justin.” 
“You’re welcome shawty.”

She leaned in and hugged me tightly, taking me off guard. I leaned into her too, hugging her back. The electricity and connection of our hug running through my body. She pulled back, looking in my eyes and moved her head closer to mine. Like last night, her lips were dangerously close to mine. 
“It’s your turn.” She stated, pulling her face away from mine smirking.

Did she just do that on purpose? This girl was seriously tormenting me. 

Once again this girl left me breathless, wishing that we kissed on lane 5 of the bowling alley.