Chapter 21 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

- Ashlee’s Pov –

“I should get home Justin, it’s late.”
“Okay, I’ll walk you home, it’s dangerous at this time of night.”
“Okay...what about you?”
He smiled and pulled me closer as we started to walk home, “I’ll be fine.”

*

I woke up around 8 in the morning and headed to the bathroom to get ready for today. I didn’t exactly know when I was seeing Matt but I wanted to be ready. I checked my phone and the thing I had missed most was waiting there on my screen. A good morning message from my boyfriend. I smiled to myself for a second before continuing to get ready. I put on a pair of jean shorts and a floral shirt. It was cold so I decided to wear Justin’s jacket that was still neatly folded on my bed. 

*

I slid answer on my ringing phone and held it up to my ear, waiting for the sound of Justin’s husky Canadian accent. 

“Aye Shawty.”
I bit my lip, “Hey Justin.” 
“Are you busy this morning?”
“I’m seeing Matt today, but I’m not sure when. I guess I could spend the morning with you and afternoon with him...?”
“Sure. I’ll pick you up in ten?”
“That’d be great, Justin,” I responded. 

I ended the phone call and slid my phone into my pocket. Today I was spending the day with the two most important boys in my life, well that weren’t related to me. I walked down the stairs, giving a quick wave to my little sister before closing the front door behind me and sitting on the porch. 

- Justin’s Pov –

I turned into Ashlee’s street, looking forward to seeing her again. I loved her long blonde hair, her perfect body, her stunning blue eyes and most importantly, her personality. She was utterly, breathtakingly gorgeous. 

I spotted her silhouette sitting on her porch. I pulled up, now seeing her quite well as she stood up grinning. She skipped over to my car and slid in giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

“Hello.” she giggled blushing.
“Someone’s happy to see me.” I chuckled.
“Always am.” She clearly stated.
“So where are we going?” Ashlee asked me as I started driving.

I had to think about her question, I actually didn’t have the slightest clue. I shrugged slightly and in the corner of my eye, I saw her roll hers. 
“Well do you have any suggestions then?”
She smirked, “How about the park?”
“We were there last night.”

She leant her head against the window, not letting her smile depart from her face. 
“You know, no matter how much you go there or grow up, the park never gets old, Justin.”

I chuckled, agreeing. “The park it is.”

- Matt’s Pov –

I sat down on my bed in silence, a frown stuck on my face. I must have missed a lot while I was in a coma. Two weeks. It didn’t seem like much could happen in that space of time. But it did, and Ashlee had a new ‘friend.’ 

I decided to trust Ashlee; she had never lied to me. Maybe Justin was just a friend after all and I was thinking too much about all this. Ashlee promised to see me today but I thought it would be nice to surprise her. 

I couldn’t drive because I had broken bones so I decided to walk to her house. It wasn’t too far from mine so it would only take 10 minutes. I neared the park where Ashlee and I used to hang out. I smiled for the first time in a while as I heard the sound of laughter. It somehow brought happiness into the air, happiness that I needed. 

I came around the corner and saw the source of the laughing. A couple sat on the swings beside each other, their backs to me. Her long blonde hair fell gracefully down her back. She wore a too big jacket that obviously belonged to the boy. Her arms reached out to him, finding his hand and lacing her fingers with his.

I watched as the girl leant over from her swing to kiss his cheek, making her face visible to me. 

I could feel my heart literally snap in half at that moment. 

It was Ashlee, the love of my life, with someone else.