Chapter 18 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

- Ashlee’s Pov –

I snipped off the last stem, observing the small bunch of flowers that were now held in my hand. I raised them up to my nose and breathed in, taking in the amazing scent. Spring was almost over so I was making the most of it by putting some flowers in my room. I stepped inside, and my path was blocked by my cheerful dad. 

“Hey sweetie, how did last night go?”

“Good.” 

“Glad to hear it,” he smiled, “I have to go to work now, so see you tonight.” 

I nodded, “Ok, have a good day dad.”

I put my flowers in a vase filled with water and put it on my bedside table. I checked the time and decided to head to school. I had gotten up early this morning for some odd reason so I had time to kill. For the first time in ages I was actually going to get to school early and be able to stroll in, not having to rush. 

The weather was beautiful today, so I decided to walk to school. I tied up my converse and walked down the pathway of my quiet street. Today I wore grey skinny jeans and a white dressy top. I ran my hand through my blonde hair, which I had left naturally today. 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pulled it out to see Justin’s text.

‘Have a good day at school beautiful; I’ll pick you up today?’

A smile crept onto my face and I replied with a simple, ‘yes (:’

 *

“Are you listening at all Ashlee?” The teacher asked me throwing his hands in the air and letting them fall to his sides with a smack.

I nodded, and went back to looking out the window, before the teacher interrupted me again. 

“Ashlee! Pay attention, what did I just say?”

“Um...” 

“Someone’s in a mental coma.” Sasha who sat behind me said with a chuckle, a few others joining in on the joke.

Really? Did they just make a joke about me being a coma? Do they not know what’s going on in my life? Everyone else seems to know everything about me these days. I gritted my teeth and collected my books in a bunch and turned to Sasha, my back now facing the teacher.

“How dare you make a joke about a coma!” I half yelled, anger showing clearly in my tone. 

I spun back around, my long hair whooshing around to the other side and I stormed out. I could hear my teacher yelling out to me to come back to class, but I didn’t. 

To be honest, I wasn’t that upset about the joke. I was pissed with her, but I wasn’t going to go cry or anything. I needed an excuse to get out of there anyway, I didn’t want to waste my Friday in a class room where my mind was clearly on other things. 

I shoved my books into my locker, taking a piece of paper from one of my notebooks before slamming the door shut. I wrote on the piece of paper, forging a letter from my mum showing that I had permission to leave the school early. I wasn’t really a rule breaker, but right now, I couldn’t care less about getting caught. I handed it into the office and the small lady approved of it, releasing me. 

- Justin’s Pov –

I flicked through the channels of my TV, occasionally checking the time on my phone. I could see Ashlee in five more hours. I wish I was with her now. My phone vibrated and I unlocked my phone, expecting it to be Usher texting me or something.

“Can you pick me up now? I’ll explain when you get here.”

I almost squealed like a little girl at that text. I flicked off the TV and practically ran out of the hotel room, off to go pick up Ashlee from school. 

- Ashlee’s Pov –

A short time later, Justin’s range rover pulled up out the front and I hopped in, giving Justin a hug. 

“Hey.” I smiled, leaning back in the car seat. 

“Aye shawty, so why are you leaving school early?”

I explained to him and he sat there nodding as his listened to me. I loved how he was so interested about everything I said, even if it meant nothing. 

“Do you want to do something then?”

I nodded eagerly and his face lit up. 

“Like what?” 

“Um.”

I desperately thought of something we could do today, there wasn’t really anything good to do in the area. 

“Do you want to sit or move?” I asked him, an eyebrow raised.

He looked at me worried, “Uh? I don’t know?”

I chuckled, “I know this nice field...”

“Enough said,” he grinned convinced, “Where is it?”

*

I stood at the edge of the lush green field and felt Justin’s hand slip into mine. I looked up at him, a smile plastered on my face. 

“I know this beautiful tree we can sit near, follow me.”

I slipped my hand away from his, keeping my eyes on his lonely hand now. I then looked back at his face, he looked confused as to why I stopped holding his hand. I walked back over to him slowly and raised my lips to his ear, and he stayed still, waiting. 

“Race you.” I simply whispered before sprinting through the empty field, heading towards ‘my tree’.

I could hear the grass rustling close behind me, Justin’s strides clearly heard. I picked up the pace, not letting him catch me. But he was faster than me, and before I could make it to the tree he had scooped me up in his arms and we both fell to the ground. “Justin!” I squealed, both of us laughing uncontrollably. 

We layed in the grass for what seemed like hours, my head resting on his chest. It was perfect; nothing could interrupt this moment between us. But of course after I thought that it was shortly interrupted by my phone ringing from an unknown number. I answered it and held it up to my ear, now sitting up from Justin’s 

chest. 

“Hello?” 

“Is this Ashlee?” Someone asked me.

“Yes, who’s this?”

“This is Linda, I’m ringing about Matt Ross?”

“Oh! Yes? Is he okay?!”

“He has woken up, we need you to come to the hospital right away if possible.”

“I’m coming now, thank you, bye.”

I hung up and stood up, Justin looked up at me confused. 

“Who was that?”

“That was the hospital, Matt woke up.”

---------------------------------------------

                c l i f f    

               h a n g e r

But you know you love me ;)