Chapter 19 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

- Justin’s pov –

We walked at a fast pace, Ashlee’s eyes straight ahead, lost in her thoughts. I couldn’t help but wonder what was going through her mind right now. Two minutes ago we were lying peacefully in the field, not having to worry about anything, it was perfect. All until that phone call from the hospital, which ruined everything. I liked Ashlee, I was scared that she was going to be back with Matt now and forget all about me. It’s not like she was my girlfriend, but we did have feelings for each other and we both knew it. 

I unlocked the car and we both hopped into our seats. I took a deep breath and looked over at her, tears now forming in her blue eyes. 

“Are you okay, Ashlee?”

She nodded, not looking at me, “I’m fine.”

But I knew she wasn’t she was clearly lying. Her eyes showed a different emotion, far from ‘fine.’

I drove quickly to the hospital, attempting to avoid any traffic. Within ten minutes we had made it and had parked out the front. Ashlee smiled slightly and leant over to kiss my cheek softly. 

“It’s best if you stay here.”

I nodded understanding; she wouldn’t want me in there and either would he. She probably wasn’t ready to tell him about us, she wanted to see how her boyfriend was. After all, they hadn’t spoken since the accident. 

“Do you want me to pick you up later to take you home?”

She shook her head, “No, I’ll get mum to pick me up. Thanks Justin.”

I half smiled and she slid out, rushing into the large hospital. 

- Ashlee’s Pov -

Like usual I walked up to the lady I couldn’t stand. Her feet were kicked up on the table, chewing gum loudly and reading a fashion magazine. Her hair covered half her face, her mouth opening and closing in a disgusting way. I made a fake cough, indicating that I was there and wanting her to pay attention. She frowned as she noticed me and placed down the magazine.

“Can I help you?”

“I’m Ashlee; I’m here to see Matt Ross?” 

A tall female walked behind the lady and spotted me, hearing my last sentence. 

“Ashlee!” She said, surprised to see me, “I’m Linda, right this way.”

She stepped out from behind the desk and took me down the long corridor, filled with sick and hurt patients. We come across the usual hospital room and Linda knocked at the door before pushing it open. 

“Matt, your girlfriend is here to see you.”

She turned back to me giving me a warm smile and then stepped out of the room, giving us privacy. 

My eyes widened and I walked over to matt, grinning. He held out his arms and pulled me into a hug, doing as best as he could to comfort me with a broken arm. 

“I missed you.” I whispered into his neck as he hugged me, my face now wet with tears. 

I pulled away to look at him, he wasn’t crying like I was. 

“How did you hold up?” He asked me. 

“Alright I guess. “ 

I wasn’t going to tell him about Justin, not just yet. He half smiled at me and looked down at his hands, not knowing what to say to me.

“I get released tomorrow morning, but I’m still going to have all these broken bones.” He chuckled slightly.

“That’s good, I guess. When are you coming back to school?” 

He sighed, “Hopefully never but, maybe in a few weeks.”

I nodded and looked around at the walls. This was more awkward than I had thought; he wasn’t as easy to talk to as Justin. It felt wrong to say it but I think I liked Justin more than Matt now.

“I met a friend.” I told Matt, not thinking what I was about to get into. 

“Oh? What’s her name?” 

I frowned, “HIS name is Justin,” I said putting emphasis on the ‘HIS.’

His smile disappeared from his face and he looked at me with hurt in his eyes. I pulled a chair from the side of the room and sat down, more comfortable. 

“Do you…like him?”

My heart raced, what do I tell him? The answer was yes. But that three letter word couldn’t slip from my lips. How could I possibly break his heart after this accident? I was the one who caused his near death. 

“Do you?” He asked again, breaking me from my thoughts.

“I...um…” 

He frowned, “You do, don’t you?”

“Matt, you’re my boyfriend, okay?”

“You haven’t moved on?”

I shook my head, “No Matt, I love you.”

Shit.

I just told him I loved him. 

But I wasn’t even sure if I did, just seeing the hurt in his eyes made me panic. 

“You love me?” He asked, startled by what I had just said.

“Uh,” I mumbled.

He grinned, “I love you too Ashlee.”

“You do?” I asked shocked.

He nodded, “Of course I do.”

So I told my boyfriend that I loved him, and he told me that he loved me back. So why was I in pain on the inside, wishing that he was still in a coma. Why did I just do that?

“I have to go now, I’ll see you tomorrow hopefully?”

“Okay, see you tomorrow gorgeous.” 

I kissed his cheek; the same way I kissed Justin’s earlier, making me feel so bad. Was this what it felt to like to cheat? I wasn’t exactly ‘cheating,’ but it sure did feel like it, and I hated the feeling. 

I made my way out of the room, tears threatening to spill, this time because I was falling for Justin, the one who I hadn’t just chosen. I couldn’t believe this; I didn’t love Matt at all like that, how could I have just said that to him? 

You are such an idiot Ashlee!

How can I be with Justin after I just pointed my relationship into a different direction than I wanted? 

I was stuck with Matt now, because I wasn’t strong enough to break a heart. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Vote please? <3