Chapter 14 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

- Ashlee’s Pov –

I finished my last class for today and made my way to the front of the school. I could feel everyone’s eyes on the back of my head, burning through me. I wanted to scream at them, Justin wasn’t my boyfriend and we never kissed, even though I was beginning to want that to happen. 

I got into my truck and leaned back in my chair, taking a deep breath. 
“Rough day?” Someone said, breathing over my neck.
I screamed and jumped off the seat, pressing my back up against the steering wheel. There sat Justin smirking in the back seat, leaning towards me. He raised his hands over his hands, showing that he wasn’t going to hurt me. I already knew he wasn’t going to. 

I frowned and placed my hand over my chest, feeling my heart pounding out of my chest. 
“Justin? What on earth are you doing here?!” I yelled, “you scared me!” 
Justin laughed, “I wanted to surprise you. So I had Kenny drop me off here and I saw your car and you had left it unlocked.”
I raised my eyebrow, “I leave it unlocked because nobody would even want to steal this thing.” 
Justin laughed, “You’re so lucky I wasn’t a murderer.”
“Nobody get’s murdered in this town Justin.” 

I sat back in my seat and patted the passenger seat beside me for Justin to join me. He jumped over and dropped into his seat.
Justin turned to me, “So, where are we going?” 
“I don’t know, you’re the one who broke into my car, shouldn’t you be the one with the idea?” 
“It’s your turn,” he smirked.
I sighed, “Can we not go somewhere public?”
“Why?” 
“I don’t want to be seen with you.”
I watched his face fall like that had hurt him, I didn’t mean for it to hurt him. That’s not what I meant.
“No, Justin, I mean-” I started but he interrupted me.

“I get it Ashlee, you have a boyfriend and you don’t want me getting in the way. Forget about the way we feel when we touch, or how I can get lost in your eyes and get butterflies when you say my name. You need to be with Matt, because you probably love him. I’ll get out of your way and stop ruining your life.”

What just happened? No, no, no. It was the opposite of what he just said. 

“Jus-”
“Ashlee, don’t talk.” He said, unlocking his door. 
“Justin!” I screamed.
He looked back in shock and at that moment his face turned to me I kissed him. 

I kissed him.

I pulled away after 3 seconds and looked at him, tears lining my eyes. 
“Please stay.” I whispered, trying not to cry more.
He nodded instantly before pulling me into a hug and feeling the usual feeling at our touch. 

But the thing that stayed on my mind the most was the kiss. It wasn’t a long or anything, it was quick but that didn’t make a difference at all. I had never felt something like that. The electricity and butterflies, almost like fireworks as our lips met. I had never felt like that when I kissed Matt, this was different, this was something. I didn’t tell Justin what I was thinking; I just pulled away and looked down, hiding behind my hair.

“I’m sorry for kissing you; I just wanted to get you to listen to me. You are not ruining my life one bit; you’re getting me through the pain of my boyfriend being in hospital. The time I’ve known you, I have felt something between us. The feelings we get when we hug or say each other’s names and now the feeling I get when I kissed you. I tried to ignore it all, but my body’s telling me otherwise. I just don’t know what to do yet, but until I figure it out, please stay and be my friend.”

Wow that felt good to get off my chest.

He nodded, “Don’t be sorry. I’d love to be friends with you, and I’ll respect your decision. I feel all the same things, I’m aware of the connection between us.”
I blushed and looked down, this time not hiding behind my hair but tucking it behind my ear. He watched me, smiling as he realised the colour my cheeks had gone. 

“Uh, where should we go?” I suddenly asked. 
“Are you still worrying about people knowing?”
“Knowing what? We’re just friends Justin,” I winked. 
And with that I started the car and started driving, not exactly knowing where we were heading. 

- Justin’s Pov -

3 seconds was all it took for me to forget everything I knew. Her lips had become all I knew in those magical 3 seconds. She took me completely off guard, I was yelling at her basically calling off our friendship when she actually had feelings for me? I was being such an idiot and I pretty much made a girl, Ashlee, make the first move. Not cool. 

She had made all the moves, the risks. She asked if I felt like she felt, she gave me the first hug and the first kiss. 

I sat silently as she was driving, her eyes on the road. It felt weird for her to be driving and for me to be the passenger. She looked at me for half a second and then back at the road.
“You’re quiet, what are you thinking about?”
“Nothing,” I lied, not wanting to tell her. 
“Spit it out Bieber,” she said sternly, showing how serious she was.
I shook my head, “nothing.”
“Oh, okay, I just thought...never mind it’s silly.” 
“What? Tell me?” I said looking over at her, swapping roles of who wants to know something. 
“If you really want me to consider us, there has to be trust Justin. If you’re not comfortable sharing your thoughts then, you could just get out of the car?” she smirked, one eyebrow raised.
I sighed in defeat, “Fine. I was thinking about how you’ve been making all the moves and I should have been the one to do that, me being the guy and all.”
“Seriously?” She laughed, “Are you suggesting that female’s can’t do that?” 
I shook my head, “No not at all, it’s just, I like to think that the man should make the moves towards the women, and you know, be a gentleman, treat his lady how she deserves to be treated.”
She laughed, “You’re so corny.”

My face fell.

“I like that, don’t worry,” she reassured, “Honestly Justin, don’t worry, you can make the move next time. Oh and by the way, when did I become your lady?”
I smirked, “Even if you’re not my girlfriend, you’re still my lady in my mind.”

She blushed bright red. 

Ashlee stopped the car in front of a quiet playground and got out. I watched her walk towards the playground. She wore skinny jeans and a big jumper that was too big for her. She looked comfortable, like she wasn’t trying to look beautiful. I liked that, the thing is she didn’t need to try, she was beautiful. She turned to look at me, her long blonde hair flying through the air at her sudden turn. It whipped to the other side of her as she raised her eyebrow.
“Are you coming or not?” She asked.
“Of course,” I smiled and shut the car door behind me, joining her. 

We sat side by side on the sings, swinging slightly as our shoes slid across the ground. 
“Justin, answer this truthfully as if you don’t even know me, please?” 
“Sure, what is it?” I asked, still looking straight ahead.

She took a deep breath before she begun.

“If you had a girlfriend in a coma and you thought you loved her...let’s say she was your everything. Then you meet this girl. You didn’t mean to like them, or even meet them as a matter of fact. But you did, and you felt something different, something you had never felt before. How do you choose between them if you like them both so much?”
I looked down at my feet for a while thinking hard about what she just told me, taking it all in. I then looked up at her teary yet hopeful eyes and half smiled. 
“I wouldn’t let them get away, but I’d stay with my girlfriend in the hospital,” I told her. 
“Why?” she asked me.
“Because if I were in hospital in a coma, I wouldn’t want to be dumped for no reason because someone got a better offer.”
She sighed; “So I should stay with Matt?” She asked, now turning the question about her.
I nodded, “Until after he wakes up.” 

She bit her lip, “But if you did like the girl who wasn’t in a coma, would you still flirt in the mean time?”
I chuckled and looked back at my feet, “I wouldn’t be able to help myself.”