12

Tamsin and Simon had gone back to Simons house to be greeted by his frantic mother and Maureen.

"Simon where have you been? You know how I feel about you not coming home at night or letting me know where you are and why wouldn't you tell me that Tamsin was coming over?"

"Hi Ms.Lewis," Tamsin smiled and gave a small quick wave.

"Sorry mom my phone died and we stayed at Clarys house," Tamsin mentally facepalmed as soon as Simon said this.

"Tamsin doesn't get on with Clary so where were you really?" Ms.Lewis questioned.

"What he meant was he stayed at Clarys and I walked past him leaving her house this morning and I just joined him coming over here," Tamsin said covering up what really happened.

Simons mom didn't even really have much more to say on the matter so Tamsin and Simon went upto his room awkwardly followed by Maureen.

"When were you going to tell me?" Maureen asked angrily.

"Tell you what?" Simon asked confused.

"That you've been hooking up with Clary," Maureen remarked ,"or with Tamsin or what do I know maybe you've hooked up with them both at the same time."

"Erm excuse me , yes I can see that there's some unrequited love stuff going on here but there's no need to talk like that," Tammy piped up to defend Simon.

"I'm not hooking up with anyone," Simon said.

By the look on Maureens face Tamsin could tell that thing's were about to get mega awkward and thought it would best to excuse herself from the conversation and go invade Simons kitchen to look for food.

"Why is there nothing to eat?" Tamsin muttered to herself as she searched through the fridge and the cupboards that were actually full to the brim with different foods ,"It's all healthy stuff why can't there be just one nice thing."

There was a bang from upstairs followed by Maureen rushing down the stairs and leaving the Lewis' house.
Tamsin groaned ,"Interrupting my food hunt again."

Tamsin went back to Simons room to see what the commotion was and she gasped when she saw Simon on the floor with a broken picture frame. But what came as a bigger shock was that there was blood on the glass of the frame that Simon was about to put in his mouth.

"Oh my god Simon what the hell happened to you?"

"I-I-I don't know it's like the blood was just calling me," Simon spluttered.

"When you was at the vampires lair did anyone bite you? Did you drink anyones blood?" Tammy questioned as the realisation dawned on her what could be possibly happening to her friend.

"I don't remember," Simon stuttered out quite clearly in distress.

"C'mon" Tammy helped Simon get up and put his arm round her shoulders to support him.

"Where are we going?" Simon nervously asked.

"We are off to go get some answers."