14

It was getting darker and it had started pouring with rain as the night progressed. Tamsin had found herself in a park and was sat on a park bench under a tree that did little to shield her from the rain. Due to the fairly revealing outfit that she was still wearing from Camille she was shivering and debating how much longer she had left before she would potentially turn into an ice cube.

A leather jacket was thrown at her which she swiftly caught and quickly put on to provide herself with some warmth without even questioning where or who the jacket had come from.

"Cold huh?" The owner of the jacket said.

Tamsin looked up making eye contact with the person ,"Jace what are you doing here I thought you were busy

Tamsin looked up making eye contact with the person ,"Jace what are you doing here I thought you were busy."

"You didn't really think i'd just leave you did you?"

"You had no issue doing it before."

Jace sighed walking closer to her ,"And I apologised so do you wanna come walk with me or would you rather stay here and freeze?"

"I have your jacket now I could probably last staying out here."

"C'mon muppet," he held his hand out for her to take ,"I'm not letting you stay here and make yourself ill."

"Fine," she unwillingly took his hand and stood up ,"I'm only doing this because that bench was unfortable and don't call me muppet either."

"Always so stubborn," Jace chuckled ,"anyway are you going to tell me how you ended up here?"

Tamsin sighed ,"Its a long story."

"We've got plenty of time," he said as they slowly walked hand in hand through the park.

"My mom I met her she's Camille that vampire lady," Tamsin spoke quietly still finding it hard to accept.

"Thats a good thing though right ,you've wanted to know for so long."

Tamsin stopped walking ,"you don't get it Jace , Camille is a monster she's the sort of thing I would have nightmares about when I was little ... I don't want to be like that."

Jace also stopped and put his hands on either side of her face so as she would look at him ,"you're nothing like Camille sure she may be your mom but that doesn't mean you'll end up like her."

"How are you so sure of that?"

"Tamsin you're one of the most strongest beautifulest people i've ever met , I know we've not known each other that long but I know you will never be like Camille."

"I'm part vampire though , she said I was a Dhampir."

"Exactly only part vampire the rest of you is shadowhunter and all of it put together is what makes you the girl that i've oddly caught feelings for."

"Jace don't do this," Tamsin put her hands over his and removed them from her face but still kept hold of them.

"Don't do what?"

"Make out like you care so much for me when you care about Clary more."

"Clary doesn't mean as much as what you do to me."

"It's okay Jace i've always come in second to Clary i'm used to it."

"Tammy I don't care about Clary-"

"I'm not stupid Jace I can see that theres some kind of connection between the two of you and i'm okay with it."

"That's exactly like me saying that I could see there was a connection between you and Alec yet that didn't stop me falling for you did it?"

"Jace stop it you know I care about you I never would've kissed you before if I didn't but I don't think I can listen to you tell me how much you care for me just to have you drop me again for Clary."

"I never meant to make you feel like that Tammy."

"I know," Tammy leaned up and softly kissed his cheek ,"And its okay because like I said before i'm used to it."

"Are you going to come back to the institute to stay with us?"

"Maybe I don't know ,that's where we was headed now wasn't it?"

"Actually we were off to Magnus' but I could always walk you back to the institute first you'd be a lot safer there."

"Whose Magnus?"

"The high warlock of Brooklyn he's healing Luke."

"Oh right would you mind just taking me to the institute?"

"Sure Izzy and Alec should be there and you can meet Mayrse and Robert and Max."

"I'm guessing they're the lightwood clan?"

"Sure that's one way of putting it."

--------
Authors note: yeah its a very short chapter i'm sorry don't kill me , I just felt like updating yet i'm half asleep so go me!
Feel free to vote or comment :)