4

Tamsin grumbled and rubbed her eyes with the hand that wasn't bandaged up into a cast when she started to regain consciousness. Her eyes fluttered open and her vision was hazy but she could still make out the silhouettes of 5 people surrounding her ~ 3 of those she couldn't recognise particularly well. She had been passed out for the past two hours since she fainted back at the school.

"Urgh what happened?" Her voice came out sounding croaky and rough like she was dehydrated or something.

"I'm Isabelle but you can call me Izzy," The dark haired girl went to sit next to Tamsin on the table make belief bed that she was laid on but accidentally sat on her leg instead which caused the pain in Tamsins leg to soar again and she yelped from the pain ,"oops so sorry I hope your okay."

Tamsin forced a smile onto her face to cover up that she was actually in immense pain ,"it's fine don't worry about it and my names -"

"Tamsin," The guy that she had now become familiar with being known as Jace cut her off.

"Well that was rude," Tamsin rolled her eyes and tried to sit up straight ," you can call me Tammy though if you want I find its easier to say."

"You're officially my new best friend from now onwards Tammy," Izzy brightly smiled at her ~ for some reason she felt so comfortable around Tammy already and this was there first time ever interacting but it felt like they had a connection of long lost friends and it was a feeling that Tammy had noticed as well.

"Anyways can someone please tell me what happened to me and whats going on?" Tammy asked looking at everyone around her there was Jace and Izzy and a guy that looked a lot like Izzy , probably her brother Tamsin thought and then there was Simon and Clary who were being oddly quiet.

"No offense but can we do this later I want to get going to see the Silent brothers already," Clary decided to suddenly pitch in.

It didn't go unnoticed by Tamsin the glare that the dark haired guy was shooting towards Clary. Tamsin smiled at this , she thought she finally found someone that dislikes Clary as much as she does.

Izzy picked up on the smile Tamsin had on her face ,"Oh and that's Alec my older brother." Tammy nodded as response to this and Izzy spoke again ,"I think we should all leave and Jace can explain everything to her then we will go to the Silent brothers okay? Okay."

Izzy linked arms with Alec and dragged him out of the room whilst he had already started complaining to Izzy about stupid mundanes. Clary and Simon followed afterwards but Simon stopped before fully leaving the room ,"if you need us at all just shout and we'll be right outside these doors." Clary rolled her eyes at Simon and pulled him out the doors after her.

This was one of the reasons that Tamsin didn't like Clary because she always came across as being clingy and needy.

There was then just Tammy and Jace alone in the infirmary room.
"And then there were two..." Tammy awkwardly chuckled in an effort to break the silence.

The edges of Jaces' lips turned up into a smile ,"hows your arm and leg doing?"
"They're painful are they like broken or?"

"I'm going to do something now that will help take the pain away -"

"Wait your not going to do that thing they do on teen wolf are you? Because when the veins go black that makes me nauseous," Tammy interupted.

"I don't know what that is but i'm just going to put an iratze on you which should hopefully heal your leg and arm," Jace explained.

"Iratze? What is that?" Tamsins eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"It's like a healing mark that shadowhunters can use."

"And a shadowhunter is what exactly?"

"I'll explain that after but first I need to find out whether or not these iratzes' will work," Jace had pulled out his stele ready to create the iratze ,"you might feel a bit of pain."

The iratze burned its way onto her skin. Her eyes scrunched shut ~ she couldn't bare the pain of it and the last thing she wanted to do was look at her skin being burned into.

In reality Jace had only spent not even a minute maximum drawing the iratzes onto her leg and arm but to Tammy it felt like an hour of intense pain that had now magically disappeared. She got off of the table she had been laying on and she really did feel no pain.

"It worked! It actually worked!" An excited grin stretched across Tamsins face ,"I feel fine there's no more pain thank you!" Without realising what she was doing she flung her arms around Jace and hugged him as a sign of gratitude for getting rid of her pain , it was only a quick small hug however because Tammy still had so much to learn about what was going on,"Okay so start from the beginning and just explain it all."

"When you was younger did your parents ever tell you stories about vampires and werewolves and faeries and creatures like that?"

At the mention of parents Tammy looked down and her happy expression was soon replaced with a sad one ,"I didn't have any parents at least not really but I do know about those mystiical made up creatures."

"Well creatures like that are all called downworlders and we are shadowhunters we hunt demons and protect the mundanes , we live in a world hidden behind glamours so no one can find out about it." Jace briefly explained.

"Erm okay I think that I get it now sorta but earlier when Izzy mentioned the Silent brothers who are they?" Tammy asked genuinely intrigued.

"They're insanely powerful in our world and they can retrieve memories and can remove the block in Clarys mind so as that she can save her mom who is currently still being held captive by Valentine."

Tammy nodded along , the whole shadowhunter thing was starting to seem like a pretty cool thing ,"Are we all of to see the Silent brothers now?"

"Yes we are but I think that Izzy is going to let you borrow some of her more comfortables clothes before we go," As Jace was talking Izzy made her grand entrance into the room again.

"Jace leave it's girl time now," Izzy smiled at the blonde before skipping over to her new friend smiling.