18

"Tammy ... Tamsin ... Hey Tammy wait," Alec called out as he chased after the heartbroken girl striding down the hallways.

"Seriously Tamsin just stop for a second please."

Tamsin stopped in her tracks and she was visibly shaking ,"what Alec?"

"I get your upset but calm down and we can talk."

"There's nothing to talk about i'm perfectly fine," the tears in her eyes gave away her lie if it wasn't already obvious by her body language.

"Okay your fine but even if you don't want to talk you can still listen."

Tammy simply nodded in response scared that if she was to speak again her voice would crack and she'd be a nervous wreck. Alec lead her to his room so it was just the two of them away from everybody else.

"If this is one of those 'you can do better than him your way out of his league he doesn't deserve you' speeches can you please not."

"Its not one of those speeches thats something you'll probably hear from Izzy later," Alec said ,"I kinda have this idea proposition for you."

Tamsin raised her eyebrows intrigued ,"where are you going with this?"

"I recently got told that I should listen to my heart and that's what i'm going to do , my family mean everything to me and the last thing that I want is for the Lightwood reputation to be tarnished."

"I don't understand what you're saying," Tamsin interrupted feeling confused about pretty much everything.

"Just listen," Alec said ,"my mother explained to me how you could be the one to help our family with the issues we're having with the clave and I want us both to help. With you being part vampire that shows how we can have a truce with the downworlders and we can reclaim our reputation. I guess what i'm trying to ask you is would you Tamsin I won't say your last name marry me Alec Lightwood?"

Tamsins jaw dropped open in shock and surprise as Alec got down on one knee. She was looking at all the pros and cons that could come out of the marriage. Pro: She would be helping a family that she had grown to love , it could help her get over Jace , it would give her something to focus on and look forward to. Cons: it could stop Alec ever openly accepting his sexuality , it could destroy anything and everything that she had with Jace.

"Yes I'd love to," Tamsin smiled as Alec stood up again ,"I'd do anything to help you and your family."

Alec pulled her in for a hug ,"thank you."

"You know even though i'm really happy we're doing this I really want to hit you right now for doing this to me when i'm heartbroken."

"Jace will realise eventually what he's missing out on and i'm sure he'll regret what he did."

"He has Clary I guess i'll just have to accept it," Tamsin said with a sad smile ,"C'mon lets go tell them the good news."

"You sure your ready to tell them?"

"If by them you mean Jace then hell yeah."

Alec and Tamsin returned to the computer room where Jace , Clary and Isabelle were still situated.

"Whats got you two so happy?" Izzy asked when they walked in together smiling.

"How do you feel about me officially being your sister?" Tammy teased ,"well sister in law."

"No way! Shut up! Oh my gosh he asked you!" Izzy squealed jumping on Tammy and her brother.

"Wait but I thought you didn't want to do what mom and dad said?" Izzy said letting go of them.

"I didn't but I kinda figured I should take one for the team and help reclaim our families reputation back somehow," Alec responded.

"And you your okay with this?" Izzy asked Tamsin.

"Yeah I know i've not been here long but you lightwoods have a special place in my heart."

Jace was less than amused as he took in the news of the engagement ,"Tamsin do you mind if we talk in private for a minute."

The way that he said this made it sound more like a demand rather than an offer. "Sure," she said and followed him into the corridor just outside of the computer room.

"What do you want to say?" Tamsin asked bluntly.

"You know for a time I actually believed we could've worked."

Tamsin scoffed ,"Did you believe that when you was kissing Clary."

"She kissed me," he said defending his actions that had had a heart breaking impact on the girl.

"But you didn't pull away."

"I was shocked," his voice was gradually getting louder as he struggled to comprehend what the hell she was doing to him.

"And i'm heartbroken," she shouted back equally as loud.

"Your the one whose got engaged to my parabatai."

"Only to save the lightwoods reputation."

"Oh really so your not just seeing how many guys in the shadow world you can get round," Jace was angry to say the least but he was more angry at himself than Tamsin but was projecting his anger onto her.

"Are you trying to say i'm a slut?" Tamsin was astonished and outraged and was starting to question how she ever developed feelings for him.

"If the shoe fits," he retorted.

"I can't believe I thought I was in love with you."

Jaces face softened ,"Tamsy I'm so sorry."

"Save it Jace it's too late i'm engaged to Alec now," She looked down at her feet talking in a barely audible voice.

"But you don't love him," Jace said getting closer to her and lifting her head up so she would look at him ,"you don't love him the way you love me and he doesn't love you the way I love you."

"Stop giving me false hope you don't love me you love Clary and I don't think you understand just how much that destroys me."

"You want to know the truth? I think i'm in love with you but someone once taught me that to love is to destroy and to be loved is to be the one destroyed and I didn't want you to end up hurt."

"So you don't want to hurt me yet you had no problem in breaking my heart."

Jace didn't know what else to say to her but actions speak louder than words and he did the one thing that he could think of - he kissed her it was only short but it was full of love and passion ,"don't marry him."

"Jace I...."

*****
Authors note: oooo cliffhanger...well sorta. This chapter was horrible sorry not sorry and a hella lot happened. Feel free to vote and comment and check out my other stories xx