25

It felt like there were weights holding Tamsins' eyelids together as she struggled to open them as she regained consciousness. A burning bright light burned into her eyes and she groaned at the pain of the light. 

"She's reacting normally to the amount of the light," A voice came from above her.

"Are you sure? She still doesn't look okay,"Another voice asked with worry and concern.

"Yeah I agree isn't shining a light into someones eyes like able to blind them?" A different feminine voice added.

Tamsin groaned as pain rushed through her body ,"I thought you couldn't feel pain in heaven?"

Isabelle jumped on her friend as she finally spoke ,"Oh my gosh Tammy your okay."

"She won't be okay for much longer if you continue crushing her," Alec said pulling his sister away from Tamsin which she was very thankful for.

Tamsin adjusted herself so she was sat up straighter and observed what was going on around her. She was still inside the room that the institute was keeping her locked inside but she was laid across one of the chairs with the two lightwood siblings and the sparkly warlock dude that she vaguely remembered all surrounding her ,"What happened?"

"Do you not remember?" Panic flooded through Izzy as she thought of the worst most unlikely possibilities ,"Alec what if she has amnesia? She doesn't know who we are-"

"Izzy relax I remember you," Tamsin almost chuckled but the throbbing pain in her chest stopped her from doing so ,"Can someone please tell me what's going on?"

Isabelle nudged her older brother signalling for him to tell the story of the chaos that erupted within the past 24 hours ,"I was in here with you and you was okay until you got this pain in your neck and then some kind of wound magically appeared on your neck and you passed out and we bought Magnus over here to help you."

"Simon rung us as well not to long ago and told us something that probably explains what happened to you," Isabelle added and Tamsin stayed quiet waiting for the raven haired girl to carry on explaining ,"Jace and Clary thought they could find Valentine by going into this portal that was like an alternate universe and whilst they were in that universe the you from that universe must've gotten attacked by something."

"But why does that effect me?" 

This time it was Magnus that responded to her question ,"Blood travels with you no matter what universe or dimension you're in so I suspect that the you in the other universe was attacked by a demon and the venom would travel through your blood therefore effecting the you in this universe."

"Okay so time travels a thing," Tamsin muttered to herself ,"What about Jace and Clary? What happened to them?"

"Simon told us that they showed up at the vampires lair needing blood for Jace because he got injured in the same way that you did but Clary is okay and-"

"Woah is Jace okay now though?" Tamsin interjected a look of worry and panic covering her face.

Alec gave her a light smile ,"Yeah he's going to be fine the vamps helped him - Raphael's the new leader now that he's overthrown Camille."

Tamsin used all of the energy that she had and pushed herself to stand up. Pain surged through her body as she did this but she fought against it. Both Lightwoods watched her hesitantly incase she suddenly collapsed again. 

"Magnus thank you so much for helping me I really appreciate it," Tamsin hugged the warlock grateful for what he had done for her.

"Your welcome but I mean I had to help it wouldn't of exactly looked good later on at the trial having you unconscious."