Happy Song

Chapter Thirteen: Happy Song

1 WEEK LATER

KARA

For the past week since being released from the hospital and being put on suicide watch, I hadn't gone back to my flat for fear of sparking memories that could set me off again. Emma and Jordan offered their place for me to crash, but playing mum and dad could get old fast especially when I needed friends. My real parents told me that it was my own decision where I stayed, plus my old bedroom at home had been changed into the new office and the sofa didn't seem that appealing. Luckily Oli was persistent, at the hospital he told me he wasn't going anywhere and he'd stuck to his word by offering me to crash at his place since it was big and he was on his own.

I expected rather negative things to come out of my suicide attempt, I stayed away from social media and no one posted anything about me which left the fans thinking everything was alright in my life. Max had come over to Oli's to discuss why I'd fired Ariel without telling him, and once I explained the situation he set about finding us a new receptionist who wasn't a little whore. In fact, he hired his cousin Paul who seemed like a cool guy and was interesting in learning how to do tattoos. Maybe I could take him on as my apprentice when I was feeling up to going back to work.

Oli had been the biggest help over the last week, apart from offering me his home he never let my mind wander back to that night and always came up with new ways to distract me. We'd gotten a lot closer and neither of us seemed to mind, he'd come out of a long-term relationship while I'd had my heart broken for the tenth time. At night, I'd sometimes have dreams of blood and blades which resulted in me crawling into bed with Oli in a non-sexual way, and he would comfort me until I fell asleep in his embrace.

"Here's your tea Kara. What have you done today?"

Oli places my cup of tea on the coffee table while I remain curled up on the sofa in the living room.

"I guess I sketched out some designs and am thinking of putting them on Instagram to get us more appointments. How about you Oli, what did you do today?"

He sits down next to me and lifts my legs up before resting them on his lap.

"Planned a new music video and talked over potential tour dates."

For the next few minutes, we zone out and watch whatever show was on the TV. I sip my tea and feel something on my leg, and when I look down Oli was tracing circles on my exposed thighs. I still hadn't quite figured out how to work the temperature and Oli liked the house hot so I was wearing a pair of bed shorts.

"Oli can I ask you a question?"

He continues tracing his fingers but looks up smirking.

"You just did love, but ask away."

I didn't exactly know how to approach the subject I wanted to ask him because it was still pretty raw for the two of us. I decide to go with the tried and tested method of ripping off the band-aid.

"Do you ever think the two of us will find true happiness? It's a long shot but I like to think that somewhere out there is our other half."

OLI

I thought my other half was sitting right in front of me if I was being honest with myself. Kara and I had been playing house for the last week since she was discharged from the hospital. If anyone looked in from the outside we would come across as a couple, we argued over little things and found ways to make each other laugh when the other was down. I even ate Kara's cooking which wasn't the best which had to mean something.

Did our exchanges mean something different to her? All our friends and even our family when they came over to visit asked me why we weren't a couple yet. Both our hearts had been broken, but eventually, we had to glue the pieces back together and move on with our lives.