Hospital for Souls

Chapter Fourteen: Hospital for Souls

1 WEEK LATER

KARA

A week ago the front door went interrupting Oli and me from going for round two, it was Jordan and Emma. Obviously, I didn't do a good enough job of covering the hickey because Emma squealed like an overexcited child about how Oli and I had sex, Jordan sat down on the sofa with his wife mocking us but Oli got vengeance by telling them that's where we'd just had sex. The pair were disgusted and jumped up and I high fived Oli before he pulled me into a hug. We were congratulated by our friends, it turned out they'd come over to check on how I was feeling. Emma bought chocolate and I quickly changed my allegiance from Oli to her which caused him to pout like a child while Emma dragged me into the kitchen for 'girl talk'.

Today I was back at the hospital for a check-up, both mentally and physically and Oli had come for moral support. We were also going to meet with the rest of the band along with Max and Paul after the appointment to announce our relationship. To say I was nervous would have been an understatement, what if the doctor didn't give me a clean bill of health? He could class me as messed up and ship me away to a facility or something.

"Look at me love you have nothing to worry about. Even if they do decide to take you away from me I'm not letting you go without a fight. You got me on my knees, I'm your one-man cult. Cross my heart and hope to die, promise you I'll never leave your side."

Oli takes my hand and rubs reassuring circles while he quotes his own music causing me to chuckle under my breath and shake my head.

"Has anyone told you how much of a dork you are Oli?"

He mocks hurt as we enter the hospital.

"I'm your dork so get used to it, love."

"Let's get this shit out of the way so we can spend the rest of the day with friends."

We sit down in the waiting room bored out of our minds waiting to be called in. Before coming here the doctor had rung up and asked me to remove the bandages from my arms so he could see how well they were healing. I'd tried to wear something long sleeved but Oli sat down on the bed next to me and kissed each scar telling me that I was beautiful and didn't need to cover them up.

"They'll heal over time Kara."

I nodded knowing he was right, but for the next couple of months, I'd have to look at them every day because they'd still be slightly red and raw because of how deep I cut.

"Miss Andrews, Dr Iero will see you now."

A nurse calls my name and both our heads snap up in her direction. Oli pulls me up and I was happy he was going to be in the room with me when I got the news. We follow the nurse as she leads us towards Dr Iero's office; every now and then she glanced down at my arms and muttered under her breath making me feel self-conscious. Oli noticed and sent the nurse a silent glare.

The nurse knocks on the door before opening it and ushers us inside. Dr Iero's office looked exactly how I expected a doctor's office to look, there wasn't anything too impressive. My eyes landed on a rather young looking guy sat behind the desk smiling at us, he looked no older than Oli and myself.

"Ah Kara Andrews, please take a seat and who is this?"

I sat down in a surprisingly comfy seat opposite his desk and Oli took the one next to me.

"I'm Oli her boyfriend."

"It's good to see you have a strong support base, Kara, that's exactly what you need. Now, shall we discuss the results?"