Blessed With A Curse

Chapter Ten: Blessed With A Curse

1 WEEK LATER

KARA

I got a call off Jordan asking me to meet him, Emma and the rest of the band minus Oli at the coffee shop as soon as I could. Luckily I'd just finished the client Max had given me and decided to go for an early lunch, Ariel smiled and told me she was heading out as well as she cleared my schedule for the rest of the afternoon. Why Jordan and Emma needed to meet was a complete mystery, it couldn't be to do with Dan because they knew all the details. Plus why would the rest of the band also need to come, I decided to message Lee.

Kara: Lee do you know why Jordan and Emma want to meet?

Lee: They said it was important and we wouldn't want to miss out...

Well, that wasn't very helpful. I pull up outside the coffee shop and see Nicholls walking down the street. I get out just as he reaches my car.

"This better be good Kara, do you know anything?"

I shake my head and lock the car.

"I don't know anything and it looks like Lee and Kean are also in the dark. It has to be about Oli right? I mean he's the only band member not invited."

Nicholls nods and runs a hand through his hair.

"It does seem fishy. How are you and Dan?"

I tell him everything about the date including Oli pulling me into the bathroom. He assures me that Oli was just trying to get inside my head and I should keep Dan around because he seemed alright.

"We're great and he's actually coming around later."

"You need someone stable Kara. Now let's go in before we get scolded by Fish."

Nicholls opens the door and we enter the small coffee shop. The guys were already here leaving us to slot in where there was available space. Emma slid a hot chocolate in front of me and I was suddenly more confused when she shot me a sympathetic smile. What the hell was about to go down?

"Okay good, we're all here. Emma and I have some news for you, it's pretty big and shocked even us."

"You're not breaking up, are you? I put effort into setting you two up, is this why you bought me my favourite drink?"

Jordan smiles and shakes his head in my direction.

"Are you guys having a baby? We've had enough baby news recently."

Lee chimes in and this time, Emma shakes her head.

"It's got nothing to do with mine and Jordan's relationship. We all know Hannah's been sleeping around behind Oli's back; well I got suspicious that the day he was going to break up with her so he could ask Kara out Hannah suddenly announces that she's pregnant and Oli's the dad. She had a DNA test which proved the baby was Oli's forcing him to stay with her. I have a friend at the hospital who checked the DNA test and go back to me this morning. Hannah had Oli's name put on the results, Oli isn't the daddy and some random guy is."

I nearly choke on my drink and scan both Emma and Jordan's faces to see if they were joking, but they looked serious. I share looks with the rest of the guys before Nicholls clears his throat.

"Are you pulling our leg? This isn't funny. People only fake DNA tests in the movies. Hannah wouldn't stoop that low right?"

"It's true Hannah faked the results, Oli isn't a dad. We wanted to tell you guys so we could all decide what to do next with this information."

Jordan had officially lost it, why did he need our help? He and Emma could have gone straight to Oli. I had a sneaking suspicion that there was another motive at play here.

"Oli seems happy thinking he's going to be a dad even if it's with a girl he hates. Do we really want to ruin this for him?"

I nod in full agreement with Lee.

"I agree with Lee, he's happy and we should let him be. Unless the baby comes out black then we have a problem."

Emma shakes her head frantically.

"He's miserable with Hannah; don't you think he should know Kara? You and he might finally be able to give a relationship a go."

And there it was, I couldn't believe what I was hearing and she was saying. I push my drink away and stand up before grabbing my bag.

"Are you forgetting about Dan. I really like him, Emma, why would you want to hurt another one of your friends? I swear both you and Jordan need to butt out of my love life, I have Dan now so let Oli go."

I leave the shop without looking back; Emma had officially lost it as well. Dan was good for me, yes I'd always have some feelings for Oli but now I needed to think about my future.

OLI

I was out at the store picking up some strawberries for Hannah because she was craving them when I recognised the guy who Kara was dating. I hated how happy he made her, I wanted that to be me in his spot but I was going to be a father. Hannah had only become more intolerable with each passing day, I wanted to leave her but I refused to let my son or daughter grow up without a father.

I was about to get into my car when I notice Dan holding the passenger door open, and I nearly do a double take when the girl gets out laughing at something he said. Ariel, Kara's receptionist who wasn't that old was the girl. What was she doing out with Dan? Kara explained that Ariel acted up because her parents didn't care about her so she would always try and push the boundaries to get attention.

What shocked me next was that Dan bent down and kissed her full on the lips, and before I knew it my phone was out and recording the disturbing scene unfolding in front of me. I was all for love but Dan had a fair few years on Ariel, it wasn't right that he was cheating on Kara with a child.

I manage to get quite close to the pair who didn't notice my presence as they broke apart when Dan's phone went off.

"Who is it, babe?"

I nearly gag at what Ariel called him. She seemed so nice and Kara had done a lot for her. Dan shushes her as he checks his messages before smirking.

"Kara's meeting finished early so I really should head over to hers baby girl."

My eyes widened, so they had that kind of relationship. Ariel pouts and stomps her feet like a child.

"When are you going to dump the bitch daddy? What does she have that I don't? I make you feel alive and you've told me so many times how much better I am with my tongue than her."

I didn't want to listen to this but I needed to record as much as I could. I wanted to be the one to break the news to Kara before someone else did. Ariel started to palm Dan's trousers in the middle of the car park and he swore.

"Shit baby girl only you can make me feel this good."

He grabs her face quite roughly and slams his lips down on hers. I decide I had enough proof against this douchebag, I told Kara I didn't like him and now I had my smoking gun. She didn't deserve to be treated this way by a creep who clearly liked younger girls. I just needed to drop the strawberries off before heading straight to Kara's. If Dan was there then the moment would be sweeter, I had to get moving.

DAN

I heard feet shuffling near to where I was making out with my naive baby girl. Luring Ariel in was easier than taking candy from a baby, and now I was getting laid double which was lovely. I had Kara under my thumb, in her eyes, I was the perfect gentleman when really I had a dark side.

Whoever was near us had vanished into thin air; I wasn't stupid enough to get caught. Now I needed to find a way to shake Ariel so I could spend time with my 'girlfriend' if I could even call Kara that. Maybe I'd pick up a nice bottle of her favourite wine to loosen her up, play the perfect boyfriend to get her into bed.