It Never Ends

Chapter Five: It Never Ends

KARA

It was nice to kick back. Hanging out with Oli, Emma and the rest of the guys had raised my mood from earlier. Then again it could have been the vodka shots talking. We start with a couple of pints down at the local pub before Nicholls and Lee suggest we head into town to hit up a club. Emma talks me into a skimpy black dress after we finish a bottle of wine each in my flat. She said I needed to get back onto the dating scene or seduce Oli into dumping Hannah. I just wanted to drink.

The guys were already doing shots by the time the two of us arrived and Jordan whisked Emma off onto the dance floor. I could feel the other guys eyeing me up and I hated to admit it but I quite liked the attention.

"Shots Kara."

I clink shot glasses with Nicholls and down the clear liquid, it tingles the back of my throat.

"Come dance with me, Kara."

Nicholls grabs my hand and pulls me onto the dance floor. I laugh as he spins me around before the music changes and we start grinding against each other. At the bar I catch Oli glaring at us, Nicholls also notices as he brushes hair over my shoulder and whispers in my ear.

"Someone's jealous. I love you like a sister Kara, but Jordan said we needed to show Oli that you're much better for him than Hannah. Oh, look here comes the man of the hour so now I make my exit pretty lady."

He kisses my cheek before attaching himself to a blonde bimbo nearby. I feel another set of arms around my waist and before I could slap them away I recognise the tattoos which belonged to Oli. He buries his head in the crook of my neck and it makes me weak at the knees.

"What are you doing Oli?"

His breath tickles my neck, I really should push him off but the way our bodies swayed in time with the music had me at a crossroads. He had a girlfriend of over eleven years, yes they were unhappy but I didn't want to break them up even if I loathed Hannah with a burning passion.

"I'm dancing with my old best friend. Also, I don't like the way other guys look at you Kara, they want to get in your pants because you're bloody gorgeous in that dress."

So he could be 'happy' but I wasn't allowed to have a little fun, and I was the single one.

"Oli you don't get to decide who can look at me and who can't. I'm single and should be able to mess around."

I pull away from him and make my way towards the bar, I needed to be a lot drunker if Oli was going to act that way. I order six vodka shots and down them one after the other. The buzz starts but now I need the bathroom. I can't see any of the guys but I could hear Lee and Kean a mile off.

After freshening up in the bathroom I stumble out and notice it was quiet down here. I didn't fancy taking the stairs back up to the crowded club right now so I sit down in one of the chairs in an alcove and take out my phone, but a shadow looms over me causing me to look up at Oli of all people.

"I'm sorry about before Kara; I didn't mean any of it. Well, I meant it when I said you looked gorgeous."

I smile and put my hand out for Oli to pull me up, however in my heels and drunken state I stumble and fall against him. Damn, he had a nice chest, but I wondered what he would look like without the shirt. Oli chuckles, and before I can pull away he cups my chin while his other arm snakes around my waist. His lips crash down on mine taking me by surprise for a few seconds before I kiss him back matching his eagerness.

Anyone could walk in on us but we were too lost in the moment. Oli pins me quite roughly against the wall and his lips attach themselves to my neck. This had always been a weak spot for me but there was no way Oli could have known that information. I let out an involuntary moan and blush as Oli laughs against my neck.