Go To Hell for Heaven's Sake

Chapter Three: Go To Hell for Heaven's Sake

KARA

Well, that wasn't how I expected my coffee with Jordan to go, though I couldn't blame him if he was followed by the guys. Even if eleven years had passed, something felt right about seeing them again. Well, all except Oli who couldn't even apologise properly when this was all of his doing in the first place. He couldn't just expect the others to take the fall. All I wanted was an explanation and an apology from the guy I may or may not have fancied at one point.

"Hey, Kara I'm done cashing up so I'm going to head off. See you tomorrow. Max has also gone but there's someone here to see you and damn girl he's a hot piece."

I wave Ariel off and turn back to my sketchbook unaware that she'd sent the person back here. I was singing I Won't Give In by Asking Alexandria when someone claps their hands making me jump.

"So you draw and sing. Is there anything you can't do Kara?"

My whole body tenses, what the hell was Oli doing back here? He had to be the person Ariel was talking about. I take a deep breath and turn on my stool to face him. Now that we were alone I felt nervous even though I shouldn't.

"Err I can't roll my tongue."

Oli chuckles, "I should have known that would be your answer. It was in primary school and the start of high school."

"The answer never changed throughout high school Oli but you wouldn't know that because you tossed me aside for popularity and easy sex."

I close the sketchbook and stand up. The nerves were gone, replaced with anger instead. Oli takes a step back and raises his hands in surrender.

"Okay yes, I did. I threw away our friendship because I couldn't believe a girl like Hannah would go for some loner like me. we were losers Kara and once I got a taste of popularity I wanted it to stay that way."

Now there was the honesty I wanted to hear from him all along.

"Was that really so hard to say Oli? But why did you start bullying me? You and the guys could have left me alone, but instead along with the jocks and Hannah you made my high school days a pure living hell."

Oli sighs and slumps onto the chair I did my work on.

"Because it was an initiation, Hannah saw that you were an easy target, Kara. But after the initial taunting and teasing, it was hard to stop. But I regret what I did, because of me the rest of the guys turned against you."

God this only made me hate Hannah even more, why did I have to be her target? I didn't mix with her social circle; hell I didn't even know I was a blip on her radar. Maybe Oli could shed some light.

"Oli did she ever tell you why I was the target? It's something I need to know."

Oli shuffles in the chair which was a telltale sign he had an answer for my question but knew I wasn't going to like what I hear.

"She liked me but saw you as competition. I tried to tell her that we were only friends but she didn't believe it and that's why you became the target."

I was gobsmacked, Hannah Snowden was jealous of me. Miss popular saw me as competition for Oli. Well, at least I now knew why I was the target of her bullying. I pulled my stool towards Oli and sat back down.

"Thank you for finally telling me the truth Oli. Eleven years too late but I guess I haven't exactly stayed in touch. Plus I kind of kept my identity and this shop secret. Sorry about denying you guys appointments but I was pissed off."

"Understood, I mean I would if I was in your shoes. We should catch up sometime."

I nod, "Why not now? I mean I kind have followed you guys since the start of your career so I don't really need to know much on that front. Plus Jordan keeps me up to date on all the gossip."

Oli tenses before he relaxes, "How did you meet Jordan?"

I couldn't help but be satisfied when I heard a jealous undertone in his voice. I got used to it while listening to my client's bitch and rant. Why would Oli be jealous of Jordan? I set him up with Emma after all.

"Well, Jordan came in for a walk in. At the time, I didn't know you guys had a new member so I couldn't turn him down. We just clicked, I introduced him to Emma and we became best friends really."

Oli nods seeming satisfied with my answer. He clicks his fingers together and I wait for the next question.

"What have you been up to generally over these last eleven years?"

OLI

I wanted to know more about my old best friend. How did she go from a scene kid obsessed with doodling to being a hottie running one of the most popular tattoo shops in England? Kara chews her lip in concentration and twirls some hair around her finger; this made me smile because it was a quirk of hers, she'd had as long as I could remember.

'I got a job here as a receptionist while I trained to be a proper tattoo artist. I did modelling on the side up until I was twenty-four and then the owner thought I had potential and signed Purple Ink over to me. So I quit modelling to run this place full time.'

My head snapped up at the mention of modelling. Kara had the height to be a model and was beautiful enough to land any gig. I needed a model last minute, maybe Kara could help me out.

"Kara this is going to sound odd but I need a model last minute. Drop Dead has a new line coming out and my female model pulled out. It would be awesome to model alongside you."

Kara looks at me kind of flustered. This was a pretty big deal for her.

"Err I don't know Oli."

"You'd be saving my ass and the clothing line. If I can't find a model I'll have to cancel the shoot and push the release back."

Kara looks like she was having a mini-debate with herself. We'd only just come back into each other's lives and here I was asking her a huge favour. I could have asked Hannah again but we weren't exactly a couple anymore, yes we were together but not like that anymore.

"Why not ask your girlfriend?"

I tense when she mentions Hannah.

"She's busy doing other things Kara. So what do you say, will you help out an old friend?"

Kara smiles and I know that I'd somehow won her over which was a small victory on my behalf.

"Okay, why not. Send me the details and I'll look over them."

"Thank you so much, Kara, you're a lifesaver."

I can't help but jump up and pull her into a hug. She tenses before relaxing and actually hugs me back. I hated to say this but the hug felt right, I didn't feel this way when I hugged Hannah anymore.

"We should probably stop hugging Oli. I mean anyone could walk in on us."

"All your staff are gone, the only people who know I'm here are the band."

Kara pulls away and walks towards the front of the shop leaving me to follow her. I wanted to pull her into another hug but we had a few more bridges we needed to rebuild before we could go back to being the friends we once were.

"I think you should go Oli. Text me, oh crap here's my number."

I laugh as she gets flustered and fumbles for her phone. I get mine out and we exchange numbers. Now that I had her number I could message her when Hannah was annoying me. it would also make the guys jealous because I had her number and they didn't.

"I'll see you later Kara."

This time, Kara initiates the hug, at least she was getting comfier around me.

"I'll see you on the shoot Oli."

I leave the shop feeling happier than when I first entered. This was one step closer to getting back on track to how we use to be. Now I had a model for the clothes shoot which was one problem solved. Now I just had to avoid Hannah asking me for my solution.