Don't Go

Chapter Eleven: Don't Go

KARA

As soon as Dan arrives I pull him in for a kiss taking him by surprise, I guess the coffee meeting had me on edge. I needed to reassure myself that I wanted Dan and not Oli.

"Well, that's a great way to say hello."

I bury my face into his chest as he chuckles and strokes my hair.

"Shut up Daniel, now let's cuddle and watch some TV."

He takes my hand and leads me to the sofa before pulling me onto his lap. I turn on Netflix and start an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer before excusing myself to make some popcorn.

"Hurry back babe, can you get me a beer?"

"Sure."

Luckily I'd bought beer knowing he was coming over, I hated the stuff but it seemed to be a man drink. As I'm putting the popcorn in the microwave someone knocks on the front door. Dan gets up, at least I didn't have to ask him and he felt comfortable enough in my flat to do whatever he wanted.

"What are you doing here mate?"

"I'm not your mate Dan, I'm here to show Kara something. I didn't know you would be here."

My head turns towards the door where Oli stands staring down Dan who didn't look too pleased to see Oli stood on my doorstep. I grab an extra beer and walk over to them smiling.

"Hi Oli, would you like to come in for a minute?"

"Thanks love. I'm sorry, I didn't know you had company over."

He walks past Dan with a smug smile on his face. I squeeze Dan's hand and give him his beer and he bends down and kisses me as if to tell Oli that I was his and he should back off.

"I just want to spend all my time with you, Kara."

"You're too sweet Dan."

Behind us, Oli clears his throat.

"I came over to show you the photos chosen for the new Drop Dead range."

I move away from Dan and snag the file from Oli before replacing it with a beer. I'd almost forgotten about the photoshoot I'd done for him after we became friends again.

"Do they look good Oli?"

He smiles and sips his beer.

"The ones of us together came out the best Kara, even if I didn't like the photographer that much."

"You modelled with Oli babe?"

I swat Dan away and roll my eyes, he didn't need to sound so jealous. I sit at the counter and start pulling out the photos one by one. Oli joins me while Dan leans against the fridge scowling at Oli's closeness. The photos had come out great, the photographer wasn't as bad as Oli made him out to be.

"They should be on the site by the end of the week. I thought you'd like your own copies for your collection of past modelling jobs."

"Thanks, Oli, what do you think Dan?"

I show Dan the pictures and watch him plaster a fake smile on his face.

"They're unique Kara. Do you really need the copy of you all over Oli?"

"These were taken before you and me babe and yes I do need it because I look good as does Oli and I'm proud I got to represent his company."

OLI

It was safe to say that Dan wasn't impressed by Kara's choice of words. He had no right to control her when he was doing the dirty on her behind her back. Now I just needed a natural way to drop it into the conversation.