The Comedown Pt.1

Chapter Twenty: The Comedown Pt.1

1 MONTH LATER

KARA

9 weeks and I'd just started to show, Dr Iero, assured me that this was normal. Some people have big stomachs during pregnancy while others are slimmer, the baby was healthy either way and that's all Oli and I cared about. We'd told all our friends who supported us, and the rest of the band were already arguing who was going to be the best uncle. Oli and I had already asked Jordan and Emma to be the godparents because we knew they'd look after our child the best if anything happened to us.

Oli's parents were ecstatic about having a grandchild to spoil rotten, whereas my parents were 50/50. My dad cried when I told him and made Oli promise to look after me and the child, while my mum still hadn't warmed to Oli and I dating and suggested that it was too early for us to think about starting a family. I hadn't really responded to the social media comments after Oli posted a picture of the ultrasound and then a couple of weeks later of the two of us cuddling and him holding my stomach. Most fans were supportive, but there was always going to be a handful who hated that Oli had moved onto me so soon and now I was pregnant with his kid ruining their chances of getting with him.

The biggest surprise was when Hannah got in touch and asked if I wanted to meet up. Oli told me to be careful; she was still a sore subject for him. The meeting went good, better than I expected really. She apologised for her actions in high school and explained that being pregnant had changed her views and she wanted to be friends with me. She sounded honest and I accepted the apology, it would be strange being friends with the girl who made my high school days the worse days of my life.

Work at the tattoo shop was hectic. Apparently being the pregnant girlfriend of Oliver Sykes meant an increase in business which Max and I weren't complaining about. Tattooing people was one of my true loves and it allowed me to be normal for a few hours before I had to return home where Oli had turned into an overprotective father to be.

Oli and I were stronger than ever, though he took the social media comments a bit more to heart than me. He loved his fans but hated that a minority couldn't see he was finally happy. Each day before I left for work I'd see him scrolling through Twitter or Instagram muttering under his breath about stupid teenagers having stupid opinions. I would wrap my arms around his waist and tell him that they were just words on a screen and that I loved him very much.

Today something was off when I walked into the kitchen to see Oli perched on the kitchen counter scrolling through his phone, there was a sense of unease in the air. Each morning Oli made me a different smoothie which was good for the baby and left it in a travel cup by my car keys. He didn't acknowledge my presence like he usually did which was off. Last night he'd taken a picture of us lazily watching TV in bed and posted it online, it was an innocent picture showing that we were just like other normal couples.

I stood in front of him and parted his legs so I could stand in between them before cupping his chin and forcing him to make eye contact with me. It might have been the morning light messing with me, but his eyes looked drained of colour and their normal spark.

"Good morning Oli. Thank you for the smoothie. What are your plans for the day?"

"I'm going to work from home love, maybe cook you a slap up meal tonight. How did you sleep last night? You're a wiggler."

I shrugged my shoulders. I'd read that sleep was hard during pregnancy because you could never fully get comfortable in bed, I loved my sleep but the baby was making me wiggle around all night.

"Sorry if I woke you up, our baby can't make their mind up whether or not mummy can sleep on her side or back. I wonder who they get their indecision from, not from me."