Chelsea Smile

Final Chapter!!! but there will be an epilogue x

Chapter Twenty-Five: Chelsea Smile

KARA

I was pottering around the kitchen making some lunch for Emma, who'd come over to keep me company while Jordan, Oli and the rest of the band were planning their tour to promote the album That's The Spirit. When a cramp caused me to stop making the sandwiches and lean over and start to take deep breaths. This pain had been on and off since I woke up, but I didn't want to worry Oli because he had a lot on his plate.

The baby wasn't due for another month, so I put the cramps down to the baby moving since she liked to do that a lot and my doctor assured me that as the baby grew I would feel more pain. I stroke my belly as the cramp stops and sigh, a part of me wanted this baby out already.

"Do you need any help, Kara? Oh, shit are you okay?"

Emma walks into the kitchen and runs to my side before starting to rub my back. Another cramp comes on, this time, more painful than the last. I gasp and bend over more; it felt like a knife was being stabbed repeatedly in my stomach.

"I've been having cramps all morning, but this one's been the worst."

Emma shakes her head "Do you think the babies coming?"

I shrug my shoulders "My water would have broken wouldn't it?"

As soon as the words left my lips I felt a liquid run down my thighs and legs. My water had just broken in the kitchen.

"Emma is it ironic that my water just broke?"

I stare at the water on the floor and hold my stomach as another wave of pain comes over me. A few drops of red mix with the water and then I start to panic, blood shouldn't be coming out. Emma pulls her phone out with shaking hands.

"I'm calling an ambulance. Everything's going to be okay Kara, take deep breaths."

Tears prick my eyes as I try and stay calm. What if something happened to the baby? I couldn't cope if there was a last minute complication. I needed to think positive; I was going to give birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl. Maybe I should have taken the cramps more seriously this morning and told Oli.

OLI

We'd all turned our phones off to focus on planning the tour without distractions; it was hard for me to do so just in case anything happened to Kara and the baby who was due any day now. About an hour into the session and some small arguments we took a break. I step outside the studio and turn on my phone; I see several missed calls off Emma, who was meant to be at the house with Kara to keep her company.

Jordan comes running out the door of the studio looking panicked "Oli, you need to get to the hospital. Kara's having the baby."

"Calm down man, do you know why I so many missed calls off Emma?"

I couldn't understand why Jordan looked pale as a sheet; Kara giving birth was a good thing.

He sighs and looks down at his feet "Her water broke in the kitchen. Apparently, she'd been having cramps all morning but thought nothing of it, but then after her water broke blood started coming out."

My eyes widen, blood coming out of any part of the body was bad. And when babies were involved it usually meant something bad was happening, which sometimes ended with the baby dying.

"Fuck, you two get off to the hospital. We'll follow behind you."

Nicholls pats my back and throws me his car keys, he'd picked Jordan and me up this morning. I nod at my best friend and start pulling Jordan towards the car park. I needed to be with my fiancé, now I felt awful having my phone off earlier. Kara was great at keeping her emotions hidden, but this morning she did look a little off but I didn't think anything of it.