It Was Written In Blood

Chapter Seven: It Was Written In Blood

KARA

I manage to get to the studio ten minutes before we opened. On the way overall, I could think about was last night, I told Oli my feelings and he came running after me. It was odd to wake up and see him lying by me, usually, my one night stands left before I woke up. I felt comfortable around Oli, I mean I walked around half-naked in front of him after sucking him off while he was on the phone to Hannah.

Then reality came crashing down around me, he still had a girlfriend. Despite the rumours that they were unhappy, she'd been with him from the start of his career. I was a nobody and couldn't have thousands of fans hating me and calling me a home wrecker. Yes, I stalked Oli on social media as I did with all the guys, and the number one question he was asked was when he and Hannah were going to get married. As long as he had her he would and could never be mine.

I wanted more from him, but it looked like the friendship was the only thing on the cards for us. Since when did my love life become complicated? Maybe if I never met Jordan then my life would have continued on the path I had planned. I needed some stability in my life I didn't need to date a lead singer; I needed someone who would be by my side every night. Yeah, that's what I needed, maybe Emma could help me.

I spend the majority of the morning distracting myself from thinking about Oli by talking to my clients. I easily get lost in my work, so I don't notice that I was spinning on my stool alone thinking of awesome designs until someone clears their throat behind me making me jump. Nicholls stands in the doorway nearly pissing himself with laughter so I shoot him the same colourful gesture I gave Oli earlier.

"Fuck you, Nicholls. I could have fallen off my stool and smacked my head on the counter cutting my head open and bleeding out."

"Still dramatic I see Kara some things never change. I guess I'll just eat this food all to myself."

He lifts up two bags of McDonald's and only then do I realise how hungry I was because my stomach rumbles. I sigh in defeat and pat the chair next to me, Nicholls smiles and hands me a bag before making himself comfortable. I was glad he remembered that I was obsessed with chicken nuggets and would only drink McDonald's strawberry milkshake.

"You remembered what I liked Nicholls, oh I think I love you."

"Not as much as you love Oli."

He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and I roll my eyes thinking about the earlier debate with myself. I trusted Nicholls once so I needed to be able to trust him again.

"Last night was amazing but it can come to nothing. I mean he's got Hannah who's been with him since the start. Just because they're going through a rough patch doesn't mean they won't eventually patch things up, Nicholls. I don't want to be known as a home wrecker, hell half the fans want them to get married and have kids. I'd much rather keep him as a close friend."

Nicholls stops eating his burger and puts it down.

"Yeah but half the fans hate her Kara. I can tell Oli has had enough of her; you two would be great together. I and the rest of the guys can't see them making up, this time, it's one fight too many."

I put my hand up to silence him.

"Until I know for sure that they are no longer together I'm going to keep my distance. I told him that I'd had a crush on him since high school if he sees us as more than sex buddies then maybe I'll give him a chance."

I stuff a handful of fries into my mouth and watch Nicholls sigh in defeat before he continues eating. I decide to change the subject.

"How did the band meeting go?"