Throne

Chapter Four: Throne

KARA

It was the day of the photoshoot and to say I was nervous would have been an understatement. I'd been messaging with Oli but we had to do it in secret because Hannah still didn't like me, or know that Oli had my number and that we were back in contact. The other band members had also gotten their hands on my number courtesy of Oli, and Nicholls finally got his tattoo done by me. Jordan was great in supporting me and he even let it slip that Oli was jealous of our close friendship.

Oli had been silent all morning and I was getting even more worked up. As soon as I rolled up to the studio I was whisked away to hair and makeup, and every time I asked about Oli my questions went unanswered. I pulled out my phone and decided to message Emma.

Kara: Emma something odd is happening at this shoot. Oli has been silent all morning and every time I ask about him people try and distract me...

Emma: You don't know do you?

Kara: Don't know what Emma?

Emma: Hannah found out and isn't very happy. She will show up today, do you need me to come down?

Kara: Would you? I haven't seen her since high school and just hearing her name makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry...

Emma: Oh darling I'll be there as soon as I can. Stay calm and don't let her get to you x

My palms start to sweat as I imagine all the things Hannah could say or do to me, or even worse what she'd do to Oli. I suddenly wanted to be anywhere but here right now.

"Where the hell is the little bitch Oli?"

I freeze as Hannah's high pitch voice rings through the corridor outside where I was getting ready. Her voice still had that nails on chalkboard effect on not just me, but also the stylists.

"Should we lock the door?"

I chuckle at the hair stylists comment.

"Why would you want to do that? I'm a lovely person."

I jump in my chair as I catch a glimpse of Hannah in the mirror. She wore a scowl and a glare that could kill and it was aimed at me. The stylists scurry out of the room leaving me alone with Hannah which put me on the edge.

"Well well if it isn't little scene child Kara Andrews."

I had to put on a brave face, this wasn't high school anymore and she couldn't put me down anymore.

"Do you think your words hurt me, Hannah? My life has been great these last eleven years so you really mustn't have had that much effect on me."

I stand up and the shock on Hannah's face was humbling. She checks me out head to toe and opens her mouth but no words came out making me smirk.

"I've waited eleven years to do this Hannah Snowden. You made high school hell for me and now I get to do this."

Next thing I know my hand comes up and makes contact with her cheek. The sound of skin on skin echoed through the small room. I never expected I would actually go through with the slap but somehow I'd gained the courage. Oli, Emma, and Jordan were all stood in the doorway wearing different expressions. Oli's was unreadable, Emma was grinning and Jordan looked smug. He did hate Hannah after all.

"Oh my god, Oli are you going to let her treat me like this?"

I roll my eyes as her voice became even more high pitch as she acted overdramatically. Oli sighs and runs a hand through his hair.