Chapter 59

After much thought, I decided to post this short chapter. I wrote a much longer one but decided to split it in order for events to make sense. The next chapter will be longer and the events that follow will make more sense if put together in chapter 60.

I hope you still enjoy it! And no, next chapter wont take that long, expect it this weekend at the most!

B.

---***---

Chapter 59

"It's hard to say Goodbye"

"I just want you to remember something..." Amra whispered into Caliope's ears as he held her from behind, both of them watching the sunset from the wide windows of their hotel room. "No matter what happens next, I won't let them take you... I will fight and die the final death just to keep you safe..."

She turned around and with worry eyes looked up at him. "Why would you say something like that?"

He tilted his head a little confused. "Because I mean it, I want only your happiness and safety."

She smiled at him and put a hand on the side of his face, gently squeezing his cheek. "Then stop with the apocalyptic daydreams. Amra, nothing has been easy since I've met you, but also nothing has felt as right and as good... Angelus was right in one thing, it is what we do and how we do it, what makes us who we are, on either side. I love you in a way it amazes me, I am caught in a world that has no limits so I refuse to put a limit to... Us..." She said as her other hand rested on his chest. "I want to go to this fight knowing you seek a tomorrow with me, without a death wish. I have trust in your powers, but above all, I have trust in you as the person you have become, one who cares and wants to win this because is the right thing to do, and because you want to wake up the next day with me."

Amra smiled and held quiet as he locked his eyes on hers, both simply holding tight to each other. He knew she was right, and she pointed out to him what he needed to remember; this fight was bigger than the both of them, even though he always pointed he was doing it for her.

Elaine knocked on the door that was half open and waited for one of them to invite her in. As soon as Caliope did, she walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Hi Elaine, take a seat." Caliope invited her with a smile as both her and Amra sat in the livingroom area as well.

"Thank you darling, it won't be long, and the others are waiting. But I had a thought and wanted to discuss it with you." Elaine said with a smile.

"Yes? We are listening..." Caliope gestured her to continue as she snuggled in Amra's arms.

"I think we need to prevent some things... I am going to suggest to have you and Nessa both together with Angelus, I want him to use his unique bubble to protect you both..." Elaine went silent as she studied both of their faces. Caliope was surprised by the suggestion, Amra not so much; he seemed concerned but not foreign to the idea.

"Are you sure? I can help Elaine..." Caliope began but Amra put his hand on top of hers and drew her attention.

"If they are counting on you being there and force some of us to give you in exchange of some of the Asterias they might have captured... you not being there will prevent that, even more, it will leave them without their main agenda." Amra squeezed her hand gently, then looked at Elaine. "I want more than that, I want Remesch to create a portal and then slide the 3 of them inside it."

Elaine nodded and then looked at Caliope. "I hope you understand our intention is to keep you safe darling."

She understood the risks but felt deep down a little disappointment, why would she have powerful gifts if she couldnt assist them in battle? "Yes, I understand, and I will tell Nessa about it too, she should not have a problem with it considering I am going with her."