Chapter 62

"Ignitious"

Seven scarred figures in hoods continued to poke instruments on the large machine; it had encrypted several symbols and it seemed to be built in pure gold. An anxious man kept walking back and forth as he waited for something to happen, or someone to come. Amplifying the vision, it was able to see the large room where they were at; a huge hangar-like building with several metal cages and people in different deplorable conditions, some even died and were left there for days, their skins already being sucked in and the bones were prominent.

When the vision was amplified even more, and sounds accompanied, screams, cries and moans of pain made their way. A tall old man walked in, he was dressed with gold armor and seemed to be ready for battle. He walked to the one leading the hooded figures and this one bowed at him. "Is this the machine? How does it work?"

The leader of the researchers nodded and pointed at the large circular hole in the middle of the big rectangular machine. "There is where you sit or stand, and then activate it. We have figured it needs time to gather the energy to be used, and we were able to charge it enough for at least four more tests, or trips. It can be used to create a portal as well as to use it to encase large power inside. What we have managed to recreate is just amazing. Where is the General? He wanted us to let him know what we found out as soon as we did."

The armored man was grinning as he walked around studying the machine. "Yes, he sent me to supervise it before he came... and you make it work like that? Just standing in it?"

The head researcher frowned but nodded, he seemed to find his answer odd. But he had to reply as it was his duty to the second in command of his direct leader. "It becomes one with the person and it reacts to his thoughts. We are about to test it if you want to see..."

"That won't be necessary... I know all I need to know now... thank you..." The armored man grinned and set the leader on fire, he screamed and the hooded researchers started to run and scream. It was futile, his hand ignited each of them before they could reach the door. In a matter of seconds, all it was left was dust from them. He walked to the machine and stepped in the middle of the circle; the carved symbols began to glow and he felt something connect him with it.

A large white winged man broke in and the armored man sent fire his way, but he was able to stop it with his shield and began to walk closer. "What are you doing here Ignitious, what have you done?"

"That is none of your business, but now that you are here, you can help me test this..." he grinned as he closed his eyes and the symbols started to shine. The white winged man rushed to him but something hit him and he couldn't move. Thin lines of shining power connected to him and they came from the now screaming caged victims inside the building. Ignitious opened his eyes and started to laugh. "This works wonders... and now is all mine... Finally I will be able to bring you all down and take over this world for our people... not even you can stop me Gaius... not even you."

The white lines that shot from the carved symbols on the people's flesh seemed to be fueled with their pain, and as they shouted and screamed, they grew brighter. Gaius was unable to move and panic filled his eyes. The last thing he saw was Ignitious grin and then he lost consciousness.

The dying people on the cages seemed drained, Ignitious laughed as he activated the machine once again. "Time to create some epic war..." Then he and the machine disappeared, taking the unanimated body of Gaius with them.

The vision didn't end there, most of the people in the cages had died, yet some still had a few breaths left, the one from whom the vision was being seen was one of them. They were left in pain and desolation, watching as nothing and no one came to rescue them. On his last moments, dark knights came to the building and between whispers and orders, sealed everything. They started to slid the decrepit bodies in cages and seal them. "What about this one?" One of the dark knights said looking at the person who was sharing the vision.