Chapter 56

"The Illuminated Ones"

"Now, does anyone have questions?" Elaine said as the conference room was left in silence. It was one of the most unique and rare sights on television; not only the revelation of angels being real, but also journalists left without words.

Pronab's phone rang and he quickly picked it up. "Yes?"

Vanessa was still shocked as she stared at the screen and saw Elaine's flaming wings. It was af she was set on fire but never burning. Caliope was also shocked to see those wings for the first time, on live tv.

"Let them a little longer on the conference room and we will be down soon." Pronab finished as he cut the call. He then turned his attention to Gabrielle. "The Illuminated ones were watching all from the conference room as Elaine suggested, I think we should go clear some doubts before they panic."

Gabrielle nodded. "We might need Amra and Caliope as well." She mentioned as she looked at both of them.

"Lets all go down together. Elaine will join us once she arrives." Amra stated and took Caliope's hand. They all moved towards the same place where their big meeting took place before, this time they were going to face those who were chosen to be on their side and prepare the world.

As they open the door, the large number of people with cloaks focused their eyes on them. There was fuzzing and chatter but soon it died when Amra and Caliope walked first towards the center, followed by Pronab, Vanessa, Gabrielle and Magna. Chef Remesch stood at the door guarding.

"Who are you? what is going on?" A male voice started asking with an angry tone, Caliope stared at him with disbelief. "After what you saw on the tv, you still don't believe?"

The man stared back at her and frowned. "We have been in here for hours, how do we know you are not lying? or if that was just a movie?"

Caliope frowned even more and Amra pulled her gently into his arms before he whispered. 'Let it go love, they, just like everyone else, are having troubles to believe. We've let them in the dark too long, we promised them truth and we failed at giving them just that before we told the world. It was in part our fault.'

Caliope closed her eyes and sighed. She heard Pronab take the lead. "Welcome everyone, and we are sorry for the way things have evolved. I will make things pretty simple for you, so please take a deep breath and sit down, you will need it."

Amra sat down and got Caliope to sit next to him. They both locked their eyes on Pronab. Vanessa was now sitting next to Caliope and watching Gabrielle join Pronab for what they were about to share.

"First of all, everything you saw on the tv was true." Gabrielle began and the room burst into chatter, whispers and objections. Pronab grunted and raised his voice. "We are not going to held a freak show for your entertainment, you will shut up and listen before it is too late. Time is running against us." The warning did its effect and people became quiet, only whispers survived at just a few spots.

"We have failed you in keeping you updated and in constant communication with us, but most of this has been due to us wanting to affect as little as we could in your life. Our enemy has taken big risks into stepping out of the shadows and this had made everything blown out of proportion."

Caliope listened Pronab's words and saw the faces of every member in the room, they were a mix of disbelief and surprise. She felt helpless at first, but suddenly an idea occurred her and she started to ponder about it quickly.

"We owe you a long and detailed explanation, of who we are, what we are, how things work..." Gabrielle continued. Caliope squeezed Amra's hand and smiled at him, bringing his attention to her.