Chapter 46

"Deja Vu"

"Go ahead, wait for us in the house... I need some minutes with her alone before we continue... don't start without us..."

Elaine was the first to stand up and nod, everyone else followed towards the house. Caliope sat straight on the chair and looked everyone leave. She started to feel a little tense, but when they all entered the house, he sat on the grass next to her without releasing her hand.

"I am going to give you a shock of reality information... but you need some of this before we can continue... even though you don't remember us and you don't understand what is happening, the fact that you feel you can trust me makes me feel there is hope..."

"How do you know?"

"...because I feel what you feel... but that won't make sense until I explain it to you... that crazy girl who is trying to hug you is your best friend since your childhood... something tells me you already started to remember her..."

She nodded and sighed. He smiled.

"Do you believe in God...?"

He looked at her carefully, she blinked with surprise at his question and a vague sense of Deja Vu came creeping through her. "Are you... are you going to tell me you are God?"

He chuckled and gently pulled a strand of hair behind her ear. He shook his head and she blushed.

"No... but do you believe in him?"

"I used to... I think... God... I don't think I was a devoted person... I want to believe." He smiled at her, a smile of hope.

"Do you believe in heaven and hell? Do you believe in Angels?"

"I... think... what are you trying to say? Why do I feel this is not the first time we are talking about this?"

"We are all Angels... everyone but you and Vanessa... we had walked a long path to get here... it wasn't easy for you to cope with this but you did so well... if you can accept this, it will make everything else you see much easier..."

She pulled back slightly and pondered. Since the moment she woke up in her own mind and saw what she saw, she knew there was no reasonable explanation for it. Furthermore, now seen and hearing what she did, it left her wondering on her own sanity.

"I can't deny there are many things happening that make no sense... so... ok... I believe you... now what?"

"The person who was in your mind is being held in a dungeon inside the house... we are going to see him and face him... question him about why he did this to you... about why he erased your memory... he was supposed to be a neutral Angel in Earth, yet by doing what he did to you, he had chosen the side of the Dark ones... I could have killed him... banish him... which is the final death... but if I did, we would never know why he did this to you..."

Caliope sighed and nodded, she knew that her body and part of her mind was in agreement to everything he said, but some part of her was scared and afraid.

"There is something else..."

She tilted her head and looked at him, holding herself for what he could say more.

"You... also have powers..."

"You said I am not an Angel... how is that possible?"

"This all has a much better and longer explanation but... due to the circumstances, we can't go the long path..."

Caliope nodded and took a deep breath.

"You were never fully human... we didn't know at first but later we found out your father was a dark Angel... and his half gave you some abilities... once we married, you became something else... we could never really figure out what but it is much stronger... you are much stronger... and so are your powers... you saw what you almost did to him..."