Chapter 60

I am feeling chills all over my body... I can see clearly the end so close now, and I hate the feeling of my fingers not typing as fast enough as my mind thinks the words and actions.

After a few horrible days of mind block, inspiration finally strikes with all its mighty force and finally this chapter was finished. Thank you all for your patience!

B.

-------------------------***-----------------------

Chapter 60

"Thoughts come to Action"

"I will never get used to so much light and... well, nothing? Whatever this is..." Vanessa said after she released a sigh. She and Caliope were holding hands as Angelus took a look around them.

"I can help a little with that, I guess." Angelus said and he tilted his head up, closing his eyes and spreading his arms. A large dark bubble surrounded them and in contrast with the white place, now it was darkness around them; enough to make the space opaque.

Vanessa smiled at him. "Thank you, it is less eary this way."

Caliope sat on what would be the floor and sighed, Vanessa sat next to her and put her arm around her friend, holding silent. Angelus watched them both for a moment then looked away. "I know you want to be with him, with them... I want to be with them too... but if the other guys want to use you against them, maybe is not that bad that you are away?" Vanessa said.

"I know... I know... trust me Nessa, I know... is just..." She sighed. "I feel helpless... what is good of having powers if I can't use them? At least to help them..."

Angelus looked down on her and smiled with a hint of sadness. "Caliope, some of the most important battles have been won without a fight; you would be surprised how strategic is your place in all of this madness and how important your role has become. Right now, you are doing exactly what you need to do."

Caliope looked up at him and sighed, she nodded then closed her eyes. Vanessa on the other hand started thinking and then grinned. "You like to tell stories Angelus?"

He looked down at her and perked a brow. "Tell stories? What do you mean?"

She giggled and made Caliope open her eyes and pay attention. "You said some of the most important battles have been won without a fight, which ones? have you witnessed some of them? I would love to hear a good story... don't you Caly?"

Caliope smiled at her friend and shook her head. "You surely are good at thinking on new distractions Nessa."

Angelus laughed and finally sat in front of them. "Well, I can share a few, have you ever heard of the War of 1000 Nights?"

---***---

Pronab pushed the door open of the old building and heard the painful creak, he didn't wait long to notice no one had entered the location in decades; there were spider webs every corner and dusk on any surface.

"Ugh... I miss my pristine kitchen already." Remesch said almost to himself but Pronab heard him as well and chuckled.

There were a number of things out of place in the ruined location; the windows were twisted, the doors missing, the beds upside down and the tables floating; all clear evidence and signs of great power used and the residual energy left unclean. Pronab remembered the similar setting at their hotel in one of their trips, this made him frown. "So irresponsible of them to leave this place so obviously affected, any human would notice it if their ever entered the place."