Chapter 31

Spreading the News

When they both headed to the breakfast room; which Caliope found out through Amra that it was not the same place where they had dinner, they met Wiltshire and Elaine smiling talking about old stories. "I am so happy to see you two up... everyone is outside, shall we join them?"

Caliope hugged Elaine and smiled "Good morning Elaine, Sir Wiltshire... we were hoping to get some breakfast first..."

Wiltshire seemed delighted with her cheerful mood "Good morning M'Lady... there is breakfast still on the table, most of it untouched, waiting for you..."

Amra nodded and thanked them, taking Caliope's hand. Wiltshire nodded at Amra and gave a step aside for Elaine to go first. Elaine kissed Caliope's cheek and they headed outside. The double sized gazebo was giving shelter to Maxwell and his crew "Good evening, it is a beautiful day, isn't it?" Pronab, who seemed to be immersed in a book, looked up and smiled "Good morning"

"Good morning, yes, as a matter of a fact, it is... a beautiful day." Amra replied as he took a chair and pulled Caliope on his lap, she blushed a little but enjoyed her seat "I hope you are all doing well?"

"There you go sweetie, there are fruits on the table, some coffee and milk, and you have to taste this bread and butter, with a twist of honey... it is delicious!" Elaine gestured a square table that had different plates with fruits, bread, milk, even some bacon and cheese. Amra looked curious at the table. She opted for the bread Elaine suggested, and as she spread butter on top of two pieces, she picked the honey and poured it evenly around. She gave it a bite, her eyes half closed and her cheeks blushed "This tastes amazingly!"

Amra smiled at her and she offered him to taste a piece, he gave it a bite as well and nodded, smiling at her. Maxwell watched the scene entertained. Elaine entwined her fingers over her knees as she leaned a little and spoke with enthusiasm "Have you thought about anything special you want for your wedding?"

Caliope took a sip of her fresh juice and nodded, letting the drink slide her throat first, then she replied "well, my family; you and Pronab, are here... the groom, here... My new friends made during our journey, well, some are here, I will have to invite the others? And I just need to call my best friend and invite her here... which reminds me I need to find my phone." For the first time she remembered that she hadn't take a look at her phone in days. Pronab was the one who replied to her "it is at the residence, charging, I will bring it to you."

He lifted from the chair and walked inside as the others continued their talk. Maxwell advised some ideas he had, adornments he kept on his storage building, and Elaine agreed that they should keep it simple. Caliope was smiling from ear to ear, realizing there was more to it than she thought at first "I am a little overwhelmed by so many details, I never was the kind of girl who dreamed with her perfect wedding, in fact, the word never crossed my mind..."

Elaine nodded as she laid back to her chair "that is understandable, so I would suggest we just stick to what things you like, and prepare the place with them... don't worry, we will go through the girly details later." she chuckled and winked at Caliope, who smiled and nodded as Amra caressed her hand. She looked at him and he was relaxed and happy, she remembered Elaine's words when she woke up the day before, and noticed how different Amra was when she was ok, when she was happy and without worries; he was relaxed and friendly, he smiled to her and everyone, a different person from the Arcane Angel he became when he had to save her or make justice. Pronab returned to them and threw Caliope her phone after a warning "catch it..."

She picked it up in time and chuckled, Pronab was back to his old playful behavior, and she was so happy to feel no more tension between them, at least for now. "Thank you... do you mind if I walk around while I try to explain my best friend, that I am getting married in less than a week?" she chuckled "if Sunday seems ok with you all... I need to make up a decent lie to tell her, at least until she gets here..."