Chapter 28

When Worlds Collide

On road, Caliope was watching Elaine smile as she held tight to herself the old book that Wiltshire gave her. She was curious about what was it and finally decided to ask her "I rarely see you this excited, what is so special about that book?"

Elaine turned her head and smiled, instinctively caressed the book then laid it on her lap and watched it with a special care "This is one of the most valuables pieces of history for us in this Earth... The first book ever written by the first one to land here."

Caliope leaned towards her with curiosity "who was he?"

"The first fallen angel... you might know him by the name of Adam."

Caliope gasped, she shook her head as her words sank into her mind. Elaine noticed her reaction and stopped smiling, taking her hand and trying to explain herself "You must understand, most of what you know about your own past, at least about your most ancient one, is part of fairy tales that had been told from generation to generation endlessly until someone decided to make it part of the Bible."

"I am trying... but I don't understand... Weren't Adam and Eve the first humans?" Elaine smiled kindly "Eve was... " then looked at the window and realized they were about to reach the Hotel. She squeezed Caliope's hand and smiled at her nodding towards their destination, she decided to hold her questions for later. Amra kept an uninterested look towards the subject, but he remained quiet about it until they all walked out of the car and into the tall building. Pronab looked towards the sky before finally closing the door "A storm is coming..."

Once inside the hotel, each went to their respective rooms, and just before entering hers, Caliope stopped as Amra frowned. She tried to smile at him and walk inside but this time he stopped her "don't... something is inside... Asteria, please..."

She gasped as a dark shadow appeared from behind Amra in an attempt to capture him, but the shadow was not able to even touch him. Amra's glowing aura started to reveal itself, he grabbed her hand and pulled her to his chest and surrounded her with his arms as she felt the world spin around, even with her eyes closed "what is going on?!" Amra grunted and with low voice replied "they thought you were alone in this room, they came to take you... I am not going to let anyone take you..."

His words made her shiver, she was scared, even though he did not said who -they- were, she knew. The more she shivered, the more everything around her kept spinning, to a point where she started to feel sick. Amra tried his best "hold on to me... I need to be careful... I need to control myself as much as I can..." but she felt her world crumbling fast "I think... I am going... to faint..." He held her tighter "no, my love... please hold..." he pleaded almost desperately.

She kept her eyes closed but she felt Amra sigh with relief as something pulled her away, she started to kick and scream, terrified that something was strong enough to break them apart. She only heard Amra in the distance 'you are safe... you are safe...' Then his voice vanished and the world started to move slower, her head was not in pain anymore, and she slowly gave in to whatever, or whoever was taking her away. She started to open her eyes and realized she was in the arms of someone, as soon as she looked up, she saw Pronab's face, who was keeping a tight grip on her. His jaw was tense, his teeth gritting, his arms shaking a little. He was visibly upset and angry, but she was too happy to worry now; Amra was taking over what ever tried to harm them, and she was being taken away in order to be safe from anything Amra could do. She spread her arms around Pronab and rubbed her moisturized cheeks on his chest. He instantly relaxed.

Finally they entered a room at a different floor, and after some seconds in silence, he slowly laid her on a bed and gave a step back. She opened her eyes again and looked for him but he was already gone "Pronab?"