Chapter 38

"I do's..."

Caliope gasped, her cheeks as red as they could get "Oh no! I forgot the vows! how could I have forgotten that?!"

Elaine grinned, looking at her with motherly love "Darling, speak from your heart, it is all that matters, no one would be checking if you are reading something or not..."

Vanessa smiled "You are good at improvising Caly. Now let me finish!"

Caliope sighed and closed her eyes, as Vanessa was giving her finishing touches "Speak from my heart... sounds easier said than done."

Elaine chuckled and helped her get up from the chair, and as Ariadne started to lift the cover of the dress, Vanessa helped her out of the wrapping towels. When Caliope saw her dress, she gasped. Elaine and Vanessa both imitated her as they witnessed Ariadne's magic touch.

Vanessa was grinning and gave a little jump of excitement "That is just gorgeous..."

"You did it...! you made my dream dress... thank you, so much..." Caliope was in awe looking at her reflection on the mirror. Elaine gave a step closer nodding "Oh my... I wasn't aware... Caly, darling... it is identical...!"

Caliope nodded and wiped a tear from her eyes, she gave a step closer towards the mirror and touched gently her dress; soft satin sleeveless corset with silk skirt, a princess cut that would show her curves at the right places. And the main detail, a lace fabric that covered from one arm side up, falling and ending at the opposite side on her hip, tied with a vintage brooch.

"What do you mean by that? identical to what?" Vanessa curiously asked.

"Long story short, my real mother had a dress the day she met my father, and the lace fabric patterns is almost the same as she had hers... I wanted that detail..."

"Your real mother? I see you have yet a lot to tell me about..."

"In another time, perhaps? right now, is time to get you inside the dress, quickly... before I start crying..." said Elaine, holding back the tears. Caliope turned to hug her, taking her by surprise, and she wrapped her arms tightly around back in response. After some brief seconds, they finally let go each other and then turn back to the dress, Caliope held her breath, and lifted both arms, waiting for them to help her slide in the dress. It fit perfectly.

As Vanessa was finishing with the last pearl button on the back, Elaine brought a small box with a gift. Caliope looked at the box and felt confused "what is this?"

"Something borrowed... isn't that the custom?"

She opened the box and found a pendant, delicate and sutil. Lifting it up from the box, she smiled at Elaine as she took it from her hands and put it around her neck "Not what you would have expected, right? It was one of my first conquers in this world, an interesting story sometime I should share... but it has been with me for centuries, and I pretend to keep it for much more... is yours tonight."

"...it is beautiful, so elegant, thank you Elaine..."

Vanessa couldn't agree more, she was beaming a wide smile as she looked the precious jewel around Caliope's neck "A really thoughtful detail..."

"Now let's get moving, Ariadne, we will see you later."

Ariadne nodded and smiled, as Elaine headed to the door and peeked outside to make sure no one else was around. Vanessa held the door open and allowed Caliope to walk out, who followed Elaine as she found balance on her shoes. The air was filled with perfume of flowers, and she heard the murmur of voices from people outside. As she carefully step down the stairs, Elaine asked her to wait for her sign before walking out "Are you ready, my dear?"