Chapter 9 - Edited

Questions being answered

Caliope noticed Amra's change in attitude. But something inside her told her to just follow and she would sooner, if not later, find out what was happening.

They arrived at the restaurant early, but Miss Clark and Pronab were already both waiting in a special table reserved and isolated for them. The latest probably under specific request. Miss Clark stood up and smiled at them both when they arrived, hugging Caliope. Pronab smiled from his seat and nodded at them. They sat down and a nervous silence surrounded the table for a while. Amra was worried and looked at Miss Clark, and in exchange, she looked worried at Caliope. Under the table, Amra held her hand to keep her calm.

"Caliope, I am sure you have questions for us."

"I am aware of what you all are, and though I do have questions, they pale in comparison to what is happening."

Miss Clark frowned and turned her eyes to Amra questioning. He nodded and closed his eyes, releasing a sigh. This quite simple act made the very uninterested Pronab sit straight and look worried at him. He kept his eyes closed as if looking for the right words.

"What happened?"

"The signs... are becoming more constant and evident. And, it is not just that, she saw one of them."

Miss Clark's eyes widened in panic, looking back at Caliope, who felt as if she was unaware of a terrible disaster that concerned her, but they were still keeping her uninformed. She turned to Amra and squeezed his hand, making him open his eyes again only to look at her.

"Remember your promise."

That was all it took for Amra to nod and turn his head slowly to Miss Clark and Pronab.

"She doesn't know about my mission, but she knows I am here for something. I need a moment to think."

He stood up and turned to Caliope.

"I will be back soon... Pronab, walk with me."

Pronab nodded and followed Amra outside the balcony, leaving Caliope with Miss Clark alone. She turned her head at her confused and nervous.

"I think I can start to ask some questions now."

"He doesn't know well how to deal with this Caliope, he left us alone because he knows I will do my best to help you understand; do you mind if I start explaining some things? That might already clear some of your doubts."

Caliope nodded and smiled slightly, comfortable somehow that she wouldn't lie to her, it was something she had hoped but also, something she felt from what she knew of her; Elaine Clark was someone who could hold many secrets, but she never lied.

"I know that you are aware we are Angels, and something tells me you know already how time moves different around Amra, but it is not the same with all of us, and he is not just any Angel."

"I can understand that, I guess... I feel quite different around him from what I feel around you and Pronab."

"Exactly... that is one very easy way to notice it. I don't know how much you know about Angels, so instead of asking you and discussing about it, I will just tell you how things are for us. At the beginning it was only Him... 'God' as all call him. He was all and nothing at the same time. He was only conscience of someone in trance, an idea, a something... He was -it-. I don't want to confuse you, but is the best way I can explain it. He was an imagination of himself that only he had. And then... he opened his eyes, as one does after waking up from a trance, and everything exploded. The universe was born, and he started to take form with it. He created the first Angels from his own conscience and they helped him shape the universe. A universe that is always changing."