Chapter 36

Driven by Madness

Amra sat next to her smiling, took her hand into his. Elaine was patting Pronab's shoulder and thanking him repeatedly. Only Caliope was a little disturbed, and worried. 'You can talk again, why are you sad?' Amra squeezed her hand. 'It is how he made me talk' she replied to him mentally. Amra nodded 'I know, I am not happy about it either, but he asked my permission... he said, he would reach to his dark side, and through the kiss, he would absorb whatever was holding your voice, he promised me it wouldn't be a deep kiss, I was not going to let him live if he did not fulfill his promise.'

She sighed and smiled, nodding and squeezing his hand tightly, then leaning to kiss his lips. She then turned around and smiled at Elaine and Pronab. Her real worries were not the kiss, which kept sending electricity through her body; her worries were how Amra would react to it.

"I am sorry, Pronab... for slapping you... thank you for bringing back my voice..."

He chuckled, still rubbing his cheek "It's ok, Caly... I can take a slap or two"

They all laughed and finally, she stood up and looked around the room "where is Vanessa?"

"She is doing a very important job, my dear." Elaine nodded.

Pronab noticed she didn't understood what Elaine meant, and knowing she probably was not aware who made the attack against her, he tried to explain "We caught the bastard of your ex... he was actually working with one of them, one of the dark Angels... that is why he could reach to us even with all our defenses up."

"Oh no! you caught him?! how far did he got in here? how many did he hurt?!"

Elaine shook her head, trying to calm her down "He was hiding inside the barn, and he was with a deception Angel, he was slowly numbing you... then he... he was trying to transport you to other dimensions." she sighed and Pronab continued for her "He was trying to kidnap you thru dimensions, but Amra got him."

She looked at Amra who was calm and steady. She smiled at him and he held her tighter, with an arm around her shoulders. She sighed and then shook her head, still surprised how far would her ex go to reach to her. "So you caught him, and what did you do to him?" she asked, almost too afraid to hear the answer.

Elaine chuckled "Eh Hmm... that is where Vanessa is..."

Caliope gasped "What?!"

Pronab chuckled, expecting that kind of reaction from her "I would not mind to put my hands on him and make him suffer as many times as I can... but I think Vanessa is doing a very good job. Humans punishing other humans is quite interesting and... sexy..."

Elaine shook her head at him "sexy? really?" as he was laughing and shrugging. Amra kissed the top of Caliope's head and rubbed her shoulders, calming her "The dark Angel is gone, we banished him... now, what to do with him, we are waiting for you to decide... if Vanessa hasn't already killed him."

"...if I know her a little, she would keep him alive and suffering for long. Can I see them?"

Elaine nodded and left the room to guide her, on their way to the dungeons she made sure to warn her "You missed quite the amazing spectacle... The Meng Generals worked with Amra to capture them both... right now, he is frozen, trapped in his own body, unless something changed while we were away... Do not worry if you see him this way, he can't move unless we release him. But you will see him sit and still, like a statue."

"I am really only worried about Vanessa now, Elaine."

"Oh darling, she is quite well. Trust me."