32.

"So you're like.., together now?"

Harry huffed and rolled over on his bed as he heard Niall ask the same question for what seemed like the hundredth time that afternoon.

"Niall." Harry whined, making the blonde boy laugh as they laid on their respective beds, just hanging out before they were due to meet the others later that afternoon. Niall had been over the moon to find out that Harry and Louis had finally sorted out whatever it was that had been going on between them, but he was still confused by the outcome of their 'talk'.

"Just explain it to me one more time," Niall asked, so Harry rolled his eyes and removed his hand from his face as he looked over at his roommate.

"I already t-told you," Harry sighed. We spoke ab-bout Ed..." Harry trailed off, then added softly. "He told m-me about his father, and his ex-experiences in high school-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Niall waved him off. "I understand that part, I just don't get the part where that became an excuse for him being a dick to you this past semester." Niall said, making Harry blush in embarrassment.

He was well aware that people were going to think that he was a push-over. That he was weak for letting Louis back in so quickly. Because everyone knew that Louis had been quite rude in the beginning, before they became friends again.

"I- well." Harry stuttered, looking down at his pillow as he rolled onto his stomach.

"Aren't you even a little worried?" Niall asked. "Like, about how he's going to treat you? He wasn't that great as a friend... why would he be any better as a boyfriend?"

"Well, y-yeah- I mean, I g-guess I am." Harry muttered picking at the seam of his blanket as he kept his eyes down. "But I l-love him, Ni. I always ha-have."

"Don't let him be wanker though," Niall warned. "I won't stand for my best mate being treated like shit, even if it's all in the name of love."

"I-I told him t-that we're having a-a trial st-stage first." Harry pointed out.

"Good." Niall nodded. "Make sure he's not going to be a turd first, then date him proper."

"Yeah," Harry laughed, finally looking up at Niall. "I just h-hope that he can f-fight whatever it is t-that inside him t-that stops him f-from going after w-what makes him happy."

The blonde boy was typing away on his phone, obviously distracted by something.

"Profound, mate." He nodded, making Harry laugh again. "Just be careful."

"I will." Harry confirmed, keeping his eyes on his friend as he realized that Niall wasn't listening anymore. They laid in silence for a moment, before Harry let out a long breath.

"Is th-that Harley?" Harry asked, and Niall blushed.

"Yeah," he nodded slowly, still typing, so he didn't notice Harry roll his eyes. "She's already in the park with Zayn and Perrie."

"L-Lou's still at work for an-nother hour." Harry commented, and Niall nodded, mostly to himself.

"Yeah, we'll meet them there later." Niall said, locking his phone before sitting up and fully facing Harry. "Right now we need to get you dressed."

"What?" Harry asked, looking down at his button-down shirt and skinny jeans. "T-This isn't good e-enough?"

"Not for the park." Niall laughed. "Wear a t-shirt or something."

"B-But this is-"

"I don't care," Niall clapped his hands together and stood up. "Change."

"Fine." Harry rolled his eyes, standing up and walking over to his drawers.